The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

viability of this setup

gcalex5
gcalex5
✭✭✭
Looking to see opinions on the viability of this setup

I'm a nightblade 2 light rest medium picking up all the armor passives with a destro staff as my weapon. I have 2 siphoning abilities slotted for survivability in extended fights and 3 destro staff skills I'm playing around with. How does this hold up in endgame dps right now I'm about L30 and can hold my own just feel like I'm a little squishy.
  • pavelcherepanskyrwb17_ESO
    I haven't played NB much but just a quick question - what do you need so much medium armor for? 3 med/ 4 light seems like a better option with maximum benefits of increased armor + very decent magicka regen if you use mag skills a lot. And by 3 med I mean chest, legs, head. Or even 5 light/ 2 med.
    "Do you want the book or not? Then go whack some people with Wabbajack!!"
  • catpower
    catpower
    ✭✭✭
    Given your weapon choice, I would go 5 light, 2 something else, maybe 1 heavy, 1 med, just to help level them.

You will get far more benefit from light armor, as your siphoning skills are magicka based and so are the destruction skills.

I don't think the increased crit from medium applies to destruction staff and the stamina reduction isn't going to help you with your current load out.

One other tip, circle of protection and silver bolts, both from the fighter's guild, are awesome skills. Circle will make you less squishy, especially against undead and daedra, and silver shards knocks down undead and daedra, it's very nice and they give you a good use for stamina, which you otherwise don't need much of on a magicka build like yours.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As others have said, your armor choice should be all about enhancing the abilities you use and their resource pool. The only reason to ever wear medium armor is if you're running a build that emphasizes stamina-based abilities such as melee weapons, bows, fighter's guild or werewolf abilities.

From your description, you're using magicka-based abilities mostly so you should gear up to reinforce that; 7/7 light, or even 5 light with heavy chest and legs (for better damage mitigation) is what you want. I don't see any reason for you to use medium armor at all.
  • gcalex5
    gcalex5
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies gonna play around with these ideas a little I guess my initial thought lied more with what I would of traditionally expected to wear with the class being roguey
  • gcalex5
    gcalex5
    ✭✭✭
    Just reporting back went 7/7 light as @Iselin‌ suggested and I'm performing a lot better DPS wise and since I'm running with a DK who tends to tank a lot I'm debating whether it's worth it to pick up 2H, or 2M, or 1 of each. Any suggestions on that? Would those other pieces have any meaningful affect on DPS or is it just increased armor?
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are using a lot of magicka abilities, resto staff would be helpful to recharge your magicka with heavy attacks.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on July 11, 2014 7:55PM
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gcalex5 wrote: »
    Just reporting back went 7/7 light as @Iselin‌ suggested and I'm performing a lot better DPS wise and since I'm running with a DK who tends to tank a lot I'm debating whether it's worth it to pick up 2H, or 2M, or 1 of each. Any suggestions on that? Would those other pieces have any meaningful affect on DPS or is it just increased armor?

Go one of each to level them( have training on them) that way its leveled and at any time you can use it or respect a build. U never know what changes may come. 5 light 1/ 1 for quest/ grind. 7 light for everything else until further updates... if your going class skills and staff that is.