The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "The Future of ESO Panel"

• DCGoth_OTG
    DCGoth_OTG
    ✭✭✭
    Eorea wrote: »
    While I think that the Justice System is outstanding, I have concerns about other players being able to hunt me down if I have a bounty. Guards, sure. That's fine. That's a staple in the Elder Scrolls series... however, I have absolutely no intrest in PvP. Period. None. Not even if I have a bounty. I do pure PvE and do not want to interact in a PvP way with another player EVER or for any reason outside of mutually agreed upon roleplay rules. Will there be a bounty threshhold before you become visible to "guard" type players? Will there be a level requirement? Is there going to be a way to entirely opt out of the player-recognizable bounty system so that we are not instantly mobbed by VR12 players when we steal a grape at level 3? I can see a thousand ways this system will be exploited by PvPers against PvEers and ultimately make players like me (thief/assassin/stealth type) not enjoy playing anymore because we will be attacked for 95% of our gameplay time by people who are just being PvP pr**ks.

I also bring this up because I am a roleplayer, and I know other roleplayers who will 100% take the first opportunity available to create guard guilds that do nothing but tear a swath of destruction through other players for absolutely no reason, claiming it to be in-character when really they just want to gank everyone in sight. And now they CAN.

I agree. If I cannot opt out of forced PvP, I will cancel my sub. And i've been playing since March of last year.
    Some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DCGoth_OTG wrote: »
    Eorea wrote: »
    While I think that the Justice System is outstanding, I have concerns about other players being able to hunt me down if I have a bounty. Guards, sure. That's fine. That's a staple in the Elder Scrolls series... however, I have absolutely no intrest in PvP. Period. None. Not even if I have a bounty. I do pure PvE and do not want to interact in a PvP way with another player EVER or for any reason outside of mutually agreed upon roleplay rules. Will there be a bounty threshhold before you become visible to "guard" type players? Will there be a level requirement? Is there going to be a way to entirely opt out of the player-recognizable bounty system so that we are not instantly mobbed by VR12 players when we steal a grape at level 3? I can see a thousand ways this system will be exploited by PvPers against PvEers and ultimately make players like me (thief/assassin/stealth type) not enjoy playing anymore because we will be attacked for 95% of our gameplay time by people who are just being PvP pr**ks.

I also bring this up because I am a roleplayer, and I know other roleplayers who will 100% take the first opportunity available to create guard guilds that do nothing but tear a swath of destruction through other players for absolutely no reason, claiming it to be in-character when really they just want to gank everyone in sight. And now they CAN.

I agree. If I cannot opt out of forced PvP, I will cancel my sub. And i've been playing since March of last year.

How is it "forced" PVP if you flag yourself by incurring a sufficiently high bounty?
  • ub17_ESO
    ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this comment has found the proper discussion.

I have an idea that I think fits with spell crafting and the parallel for Stamina that Mr. Konkle would not specify.

What if your Guild could create it's own passive or active skill line? there could be several different mechanics in which to lvl your guild rank whether it be some type of daily quest or by doing guild only runs through trials, dragon star arena, dungeons, or by claiming keeps in Cyrodil, etc...

I don't mean to marginalize guilds because I enjoy them, but I think a mechanic like this would make them more worthwhile.
  • Prospero_ESO
    Prospero_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I felt sorry for the Art guy at the panel. The only one who did a tremendous job had to talk about some of the issues the game has. They even were too scared to let the audience ask questions, only filtered questions from twitch and the forums but that was not very surprising to be honest.
  • Absynthe
    Absynthe
    ✭✭
    As I said in another thread, I'm looking forward to the justice system, especially in regards to a Thieves guild, Assassins guild, and vampires/werewolves. ;)
    Leonine Tigeress
  • stevenbennett_ESO
    stevenbennett_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the concerns I've had after seeing the Quakecon video are being discussed in other threads, but heres one I didn't see discussed much: Did anyone else wince when they saw the proposed UI for the Champion system?

It's very pretty, yes. Just about as pretty as the Perks UI in Skyrim - and clearly based on it. Sadly, from the video, it looks to be almost as horribly unusable as the Perks UI was in Skyrim -- and that UI has got to be the single worst UI design I've ever seen in a game in my 30+ years of playing computer games.

Skyrim's entire terminally-consolized UI design was an constantly annoying chore to use, and contributed significantly for me never finishing more than a fraction of the game. (Even after I installed SkyUI - which helped, but not enough…) But the Perks UI in particular bears special consideration for turning Perk selection from an activity which ought to take a few seconds and maybe 3 clicks into something which takes well over an order of magnitude longer and needs you to do AT MINIMUM a dozen of UI interactions - and frequently quite a few times that. That's not even counting the huge amount of increased time needed just to figure out what Perks you actually had already - turning something which should have been a simple scrollable list into a time consuming hunt which could potentially involve a hundred or more UI interactions.

Even if I was playing on a console, I'd probably find that annoying. But I'm playing on a PC. We have scroll wheels. We can point and click. We have windows and a high enough resolution for hierarchical text lists. Why put such a poorly designed UI into ESO? Especially when one of the things which makes ESO such a significantly better game, IMHO, is that they *didn't* use the terminally-consolized UI from Skyrim for just about anything else.

ESO already has a fairly nice, practical UI design for crafting, inventory, skills, attributes, and similar things. Is it too much to ask for them to continue keeping things practical, even if not the most pretty thing in the world, rather than going for the pretty looks and terrible usability from Skyrim?