The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alchemy skill: Medicinal Use Skill

Artemiisia
Artemiisia
✭✭✭✭✭
Seriously what does this do, it says

when using potions result will last 30% longer if its 3/3 u have

so if I drink this:

Panacea of health: VR5 Potion

Restore 428 health right away and additional 406 hp over 14 secs
Restore 428 magicka right away and additional 290 mag over 10 secs
Restore 428 stamina right away and additional 290 mag over 10 secs

so when I pop this whats my benefit from putting 3 skill points into Medicinal Use, I just cant see it?

• Anrik
    Anrik
    ✭✭
    My guess would be that 14/10/10 sec would be increased by 30%.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that my problem with it if thats true, and the additional 290 mag/stamina stays the same, then it looks like a disadvantaged since it will just take longer to get that back
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    that my problem with it if thats true, and the additional 290 mag/stamina stays the same, then it looks like a disadvantaged since it will just take longer to get that back
    Unless the passive is broken it does NOT effect the HoT portion of Restoration potions. It specifically is meant for potions that have a duration AS their primary effect like 10seconds of +200 Crit, or 4 seconds of Invisibility. The HoT is considered a secondary effect.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have looked at those potions also, and they say the same both before and after I spec into 3/3
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    I have looked at those potions also, and they say the same both before and after I spec into 3/3
    Then my vote is on broken passive atm.
  • ESOcrafter
    ESOcrafter
    ✭✭
    It is definitely broken. My tests from using Medicinal Use 3/3 resulted in nothing added to net result. If the HoT is 10 seconds then MU 3/3 should have yielded me 3 extra ticks which it did not nor did it affect potions like invisiblity. I sent a ticket on the matter and I would advise everyone do the same to speed up the process of this getting fixed.
    Edited by ESOcrafter on July 31, 2014 5:07PM
  • ESOcrafter
    ESOcrafter
    ✭✭
    Ok that was fast.....got a response on the topic and here it is.......

Subject
    I'm having issues with 2 skills in Alchemy. Medicinal Use and Snakeblood both don't seem to work.

Response By Email (Renato) (07/31/2014 01:22 PM)
    Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

I'm truly sorry that you are having some issues with the skills "Medicinal Use" and "Snakeblood". However Let me first explain more in dept how they should work.

The skill Medicinal Use should work, but maybe not quite in the way that some players expect. When you use a plant while having 3/3 Medicinal Use, the potions will last 30% longer, but the tooltip on the plant itself does not change. This is because the potion itself has not changed, only your player's interaction with it. When you actually consume the potion, the extended duration should be applied.

The next time you consume a potion, please try pressing the "C" key to bring up the character page, and check to see what the duration of the potion is. It should last longer than the potion's tooltip indicates.

Please note, add-ons, especially buff timer add-ons, have the ability to change the display of these timers, so we recommend disabling them when testing this out to get the true time.

Regarding "Snakeblood", that decreases the negative effects gained by drinking potions, the strength of the Snakesblood skill increases for every skill point spent on it, like you might know already:

•Rank 1: 50% reduction of negative effects from drinking potions
    •Rank 2: 80% reduction of negative effects from drinking potions
    •Rank 3: 100% reduction of negative effects from drinking potions

However keep in mind that the Snakesblood skill has no effect on the actual crafting of potions. Players with three ranks in Snakesblood will still craft potions with the usual negative effects, but they will not suffer from those negative effects when using the potions.

I tested Medicinal Use 3/3 which should yield an additional 3 seconds on potions like increase weapon crit and according to my results it indeed did (using a stopwatch and following the instructions from above).

So I guess Medicinal Use is working.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thx for clarifying this!

Then the discussion of the extra 3 seconds on potions for 3 skill points is that actually worth this? well in my opinion if you dont have any other use for skill points in other places sure why not, but not at the early starting game.

I have right now with 3/3 in it, still 12 unspent skill points :)