The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which invisibility potion do you prefer? 4 seconds only OR 3 seconds + speed increase for 10 secs?

RatsnevE
RatsnevE
✭✭✭
As a NB I've become found of 'invisibility potions' to slip past a mob that otherwise would detect me and be a pain to defeat. I've used two potions: one gives you invisibility for 4 seconds with no other effects and the second gives only 3 seconds of invisibility but also increases your speed 39% for 10 seconds. I'm curious which one of these two you prefer in this poll but also offer "other" with your explanation if there is a better potion or a better means of sneaking past mobs.

I'm aware of one other invisibility potion but haven't created or used it. Besides invisibility for x number of seconds it also restores x amount of health and you are immune to knockback and disabling effects. Sounds like it would be used during combat but not sure who or when? ...So this is not part of this poll question except to share if you do use it too.

Thanks.
Edited by RatsnevE on July 23, 2014 11:17PM

Which invisibility potion do you prefer? 4 seconds only OR 3 seconds + speed increase for 10 secs? 20 votes

I prefer the 4 seconds of invisibility only.
5%
Anvos 1 vote
I prefer 3 seconds of invisibility plus 10 seconds of faster movement.
65%
alenae1b14_ESOweecraig360b16_ESOKoensolBleakravenSamadhiAdosirisFrankenstein359eb17_ESOKirito144DeLindsayCheesyDaedraNox_AeternaRatsnevERoylund 13 votes
Other...
30%
GilvothObscureArmitasGrim13Darkonflare15subarctic 6 votes
  • RatsnevE
    RatsnevE
    ✭✭✭
    I think I prefer the 3 second variety figuring that if I was still detected I could take more advantage of traveling faster for 10 seconds. In fact so far neither potion has failed leading to discovery when used.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I use the 3 second + move speed for escapes in PvP.

The 3 seconds don't carry me far enough away, but I can use Shadow Cloak several times afterward and continue to benefit from the increased move speed while invisible.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other...
    I hit other just so I could see the results without affecting them. I'll be crafting these to sell soon.
    Edited by Armitas on July 24, 2014 4:31PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Obscure
    Obscure
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other...
    I much rather use Corn Flower and Wormwood to detect you sneaky buggers in PvP. Add a little lady's smock to round it out as a magicka potion or just use all those collected excess low level waters for just the corn flower and wormwood as notably the detection effect doesn't improve with level. Level 3 detection potions get me just as many Nightblade kills as the VR5 version I have that also restores Magicka.

Though in reference to becoming invisible, I main a medium armor, DW+Bow VR11 Dragonknight, and as such it's preferable to be invisible and heal rather than be invisible and move faster or just be invisible for an extra second. My preferred combination is therefore a mix of Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, and Luminous Russula (though anything with Restore Health will do). Going invisible and restoring health is primarily to give myself a quick breather while already in a fight with an aim to resume the fight on better terms rather than to avoid the fight to begin with...he is a DK afterall. They're mostly just there for an "oops wrong button" moment I need to correct for. Pop one right after a dose of Green Dragons Blood when I'm low on health and I get extremely favorable results.
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other...
    Invisibility 3 seconds + Unstoppable + Health
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other...
    i prefer having healing along with my invisibility. i need speed and escape so
    i prefer 30 seconds of invisibility, but ...
  • CheesyDaedra
    CheesyDaedra
    ✭✭✭
    GOTTA GO FAST while stealthed.

It does give you a farther gap between you and your enemies with the increased speed.
    Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fishstick, it's a very delicate state of mind.