The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

fast attack

Andreas_Biernat
Andreas_Biernat
Soul Shriven
Hi,

I often saw other players during combat as their weapon (staff, dual wield or two handed) turned temporarily into a yellow glowing long staff with sharp ends and they stabbed the enemy 4-5 times within a second. The enemy took huge damage. Those players were the same level as myself and killed an enemy within 2 seconds, while I most often need 10-15 seconds.

What skill is this? Or in case this is a buff or a combo, how is it triggered?

• Cabot
    Cabot
    ✭✭✭
    that attack is a "Templar Class" skill called puncturing strike.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cabot wrote: »
    that attack is a "Templar Class" skill called puncturing strike.

^^This.

It's one of the main templar skills, but has a high magicka cost, it's pretty useful, but against bosses you need some weapon skills to keep alive long enough to win.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Andreas_Biernat
    Andreas_Biernat
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks....

time for yet another character :D
  • Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks....

Temps like NB's can be very powerful in the first 3-4 seconds of combat. After that not so much..... just figured I would give you the disclaimer before you rolled a Templar.
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xnemesis wrote: »
    Thanks....

Temps like NB's can be very powerful in the first 3-4 seconds of combat. After that not so much..... just figured I would give you the disclaimer before you rolled a Templar.

If you alternate magicka and stamina skills with self heals you can sustain quite a long while. I use puncturing strike as a finisher immediately after downing a magicka potion. For bosses, opening with the Solar Disturbance ultimate, spamming Javelin and Poison Arrows alternating with animation-interrupted heavy attacks will take most dungeon and quest bosses down pretty quickly, over 300 DPS in a level 41 character. That's not hero level by any means, but it gets the job done.

Single targets below the level of Trolls... they never live long enough to get to me. The secret is to not put all your eggs in the Magicka basket unless you're geared for it (crit buffs, and all that).
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a DK, Imperial 1H/S. Sometimes it seems like he fires off a rapid 1-2 or even 1-2-3 sword swing. Not sure why, because I have no skills that would do that. I can't recreate this when I want, it just happens.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"