The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Researchable trait bug?

Remmo
Remmo
✭✭
Hey guys

Every now and then I have a trait on an item that it says is researchable, I go through the research pop up screen, select the item, press E, the pop up window disappears as normal and ... nothing. The darn item trait won't research and the item remains in my inventory. It usually happens when I am already researching another item (and yes, I have checked I have another research slot free!). The items are not bound. It's happened with several items now.

I've tried:
>disabling all add ons
>reloadUi
>quit game and restart
>changing characters

I've had this bug with both blacksmithing and clothing, also on different characters.

Am I alone in this? Any other ideas of what I could try to clear the bug? Although I suspect it's more a case of just bugged items that need deleting.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.
  • Majia
    Majia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had this as well but only if I tried to research a second item from the same line so e.g. I am already researching light shoes and try to research with a free slot a second trait inside light shoes. Never happened to me if I research in different lines.

No idea if this is a bug or working as intended.
    Amélie Kara - Magicka Templer - PC EU
    Makellose Eroberin - Die Entfesselte - Geistschlächterin

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." (Terry Pratchett)
  • Vahn
    Vahn
    They intentionally made it so you can only research one trait from a single item at at time.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vahn wrote: »
    They intentionally made it so you can only research one trait from a single item at at time.

I suspected that, which is why I haven't tried to research multiple traits on one type of item. Just in case selecting the second trait abandons the first.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on July 25, 2014 11:18AM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Chalybos
    Chalybos
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't abandon the first. You can click on it, but nothing will happen.
  • Remmo
    Remmo
    ✭✭
    Ahh, ok, that makes sense.

Thanks guys