The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crypt of hearts vet

Cody
Cody
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
so I tried crypt of hearts vet today, we made it to the very last boss, but could not beat him. we could only take about maybe 5% or 10% of his health. when he summons his adds, that is when we kept on getting beat. cause when we managed to kill them, he would do the AOE chain attacks, then summon more adds, and this cycle repeats. we never got a moment to damage him. half the time someone kept on dying from either the AOE chainn, or when he ports to a player, and does that massive AOE. All this happens because we cannot kill the ADDs fast enough. I am a NB archer DPS, even when I used mark target with snipe it took awhile to kill these adds. is there any build I could use to kill the adds quickly? or do I have to get a staff and put on a dress/jerkin? I really want to beat this dungeon, but I cant seem to figure out the right build for it. the one I am currently using worked for every single vet dungeon so far, so im at a loss. oh and im VR11 with all epics and superiors. I wear medium armor, which has all health enchants, and my bow has a fire enchant.
Edited by Cody on July 14, 2014 1:33AM
  • zmanu
    zmanu
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh, Bow is very sub optimal for vet dungeons, you should run with staff until the fix the stamina builds.
  • CoUsT
    CoUsT
    ✭✭✭
    First, don't use snipe... It's not dps skill, it's good opener but it shouldn't be used to deal dmg.

Secondly, do you know about animation cancel? Simply use light attack and skill, light attack and skill. This way you do damage from light attack and skill, but you don't even see animation of light attack. This should help with damaging enemies.

Also, try to use AoE spells to kill a lot enemies faster and more effectively.

We did it as 1 healer and 3 dps group. We tried this dungeon for first time and accidently got speedrun achievement lol. :P Tank isn't really needed. All you have to do is hold block and spam skills when you have aggro on boss. If you don't - use light attacks + skills.
  • sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭
    Our group usually cycle AoE damage ultimates for the adds. They drop fast then.
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NookyZooky wrote: »
    so I tried crypt of hearts vet today, we made it to the very last boss, but could not beat him. we could only take about maybe 5% or 10% of his health. when he summons his adds, that is when we kept on getting beat. cause when we managed to kill them, he would do the AOE chain attacks, then summon more adds, and this cycle repeats. we never got a moment to damage him. half the time someone kept on dying from either the AOE chainn, or when he ports to a player, and does that massive AOE. All this happens because we cannot kill the ADDs fast enough. I am a NB archer DPS, even when I used mark target with snipe it took awhile to kill these adds. is there any build I could use to kill the adds quickly? or do I have to get a staff and put on a dress/jerkin? I really want to beat this dungeon, but I cant seem to figure out the right build for it. the one I am currently using worked for every single vet dungeon so far, so im at a loss. oh and im VR11 with all epics and superiors. I wear medium armor, which has all health enchants, and my bow has a fire enchant.

the problem is your doing Top tier end game with stamina builds. Dress and stick for maximum AOE DPs and ST DPS. but in all honesty Crypt of hearts is pointless all the VR dungeons have horrid itemization and you can get way better items by standing in front of a crafting station for 90 seconds. impulse for a 10% max health reduction will do the trick on the adds. also if your tank aint using Light armor and and a staff on his second bar politely exscuse him form the group.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

the problem is your doing Top tier end game with stamina builds. Dress and stick for maximum AOE DPs and ST DPS. but in all honesty Crypt of hearts is pointless all the VR dungeons have horrid itemization and you can get way better items by standing in front of a crafting station for 90 seconds. impulse for a 10% max health reduction will do the trick on the adds. also if your tank aint using Light armor and and a staff on his second bar politely exscuse him form the group.
    im getting really tired of all this end game stuff being light armor staff only. its starting to become a joke. they may as well have a "build check" put in where if you don't use light armor and a staff, it wont let you in. hopefully the stamina buffs coming up begin to solve this problem. Guess I wont be doing crypt of hearts, as im not using a stick and dress/jerkin. iv tried it, it is boring.
    Edited by Cody on July 24, 2014 5:26PM
  • Anjelicus
    Anjelicus
    ✭✭✭

im getting really tired of all this end game stuff being light armor staff only. its starting to become a joke. they may as well have a "build check" put in where if you don't use light armor and a staff, it wont let you in. hopefully the stamina buffs coming up begin to solve this problem. Guess I wont be doing crypt of hearts, as im not using a stick and dress/jerkin. iv tried it, it is boring.

I feel you, honestly. But because ALL class abilities are magicka based AND deal the most damage per magicka.... your going to want the cloth/staff combo to deal the top DPS available. It also doesnt help that staves deal the most light attack dmg out there(I think my NB's light attacks hit for over 300 with the legendary resto staff) not to mention its crit is derived from spell critical chance.

ANY weapon can be viable to an extent, if your build/gear is set up right. My buddy is running a Dual Wield/Bow NB and easily pulls 700+ DPS single target pre patch. Its just a matter of really sitting down and choosing skills/gear that compliment each other is all.

The PTS buffs to Stamina are quite nice, you can last longer and do a little more damage per hit now, so i expect to see alot more stam/magicka combos.
    Vokundein
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
    Guild Twitch Live Stream
    Anjelicus - Head of PVE
    VR14 Templar // VR14 Nightblade // VR14 Dragonknight // VR10 Sorcerer
    PTS - Veteran Dragonstar Arena Developer Challenge Conqueror
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anjelicus wrote: »

I feel you, honestly. But because ALL class abilities are magicka based AND deal the most damage per magicka.... your going to want the cloth/staff combo to deal the top DPS available. It also doesnt help that staves deal the most light attack dmg out there(I think my NB's light attacks hit for over 300 with the legendary resto staff) not to mention its crit is derived from spell critical chance.

ANY weapon can be viable to an extent, if your build/gear is set up right. My buddy is running a Dual Wield/Bow NB and easily pulls 700+ DPS single target pre patch. Its just a matter of really sitting down and choosing skills/gear that compliment each other is all.

The PTS buffs to Stamina are quite nice, you can last longer and do a little more damage per hit now, so i expect to see alot more stam/magicka combos.

Its more about sustainability. i can post a 700 DPS for about 60 seconds with a dual wield build. once your drained which happens fast with stamina just about every build will settle in about 500 tops. Light armor and stave can hit that yawning. and settle in the 800 to 1.2 k area over 5 minutes depending on gear rotation and skill.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CoUsT wrote: »
    First, don't use snipe... It's not dps skill, it's good opener but it shouldn't be used to deal dmg.

Secondly, do you know about animation cancel? Simply use light attack and skill, light attack and skill. This way you do damage from light attack and skill, but you don't even see animation of light attack. This should help with damaging enemies.

We did it as 1 healer and 3 dps group. We tried this dungeon for first time and accidently got speedrun achievement lol. :P Tank isn't really needed. All you have to do is hold block and spam skills when you have aggro on boss. If you don't - use light attacks + skills.

Pretty much this. ;)
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CoUsT wrote: »

yep this is truth . this game is so ass backwards and really lacks any group dynamics. really all a tank is is a dps with a taunt. I personaly do not think this game will make it long as a pay 2 play game other then a pretty engine it lacks aon all fronts and group dynamics are a major part of MMO's. People are spitting this game out like they just tasted cat *** in the end game .
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's not quite THAT bad. I mean yes, builds are unbalance, but you CAN run vet dungeons, including CoH, with non-bathrobe builds. I did CoH with good old tank in heavy+caster dps+med armor(NB dw/bow/resto staff(he picked it up only recently, likes the thing but it's not his main weapon) ) dps+healer group. ...well, okay, to be completely honest my NB DPS had to go right before we beat last boss nd we called a different one in who just happened to be a caster. However, right before he had to leave we got boss to <30%, to his second, easier stage, and then we just got lost and screwed up a bit. We could've finished it, and we did get through ads stage.

CoH is quite a challenge(let me not tell you about the number of wipes we got there, but that was the first time for most of us), especially last boss, but once you get the hang of it it should be doable, stamina builds or not. ^^
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »

It's not quite THAT bad. I mean yes, builds are unbalance, but you CAN run vet dungeons, including CoH, with non-bathrobe builds. I did CoH with good old tank in heavy+caster dps+med armor(NB dw/bow/resto staff(he picked it up only recently, likes the thing but it's not his main weapon) ) dps+healer group. ...well, okay, to be completely honest my NB DPS had to go right before we beat last boss nd we called a different one in who just happened to be a caster. However, right before he had to leave we got boss to <30%, to his second, easier stage, and then we just got lost and screwed up a bit. We could've finished it, and we did get through ads stage.

CoH is quite a challenge(let me not tell you about the number of wipes we got there, but that was the first time for most of us), especially last boss, but once you get the hang of it it should be doable, stamina builds or not. ^^
    Well there is no room for any melee stam on the Golem thats just a fact but fot the most part . Yes you can use melee stam for the stuff but its somply not as good as magica

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We got the Achievements for this dungeon with me tanking (5 heavy 2 light), another DPS DK, a DPS sorc, and a Healing Templar.

• Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »

Did it last night with a NB melee. it takes longer as the boss is just an exercise in Add killing and circle avoidance until you get him to 15%. then it is a DPS race. if you had two melee NB with out bow's it would be impossible. What killed the boss in its last 15% was sorc using its excute. 2 sorcs on that boss equals all win.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last fight is one of the more interesting boss fights and there should be more like it. The way he switches at 30% and gets the sword instead of range attacks, its a nice twist. I normally do this as a healer (templar) and its one of the few instance I have to block a lot as a healer.

The 30 min speed run of this instance is easy if you have all done the instance before and therefore know the boss cycles.

Just wish we could take the sword for yourself at the end.
    Edited by Natjur on August 13, 2014 3:47AM
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since your a NB i would suggest sap spam combined with whirlwind from DW with siphon attacks on ofc. Best way to deal with adds quickly. For boss just spam swallow soul or something.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis