The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Stop the blacksmith ... please

Arizona_Willie
Arizona_Willie
✭✭✭
Is there any way to turn off the sound from the blacksmith in Elder Root?
I found the add-on Banker Shut up but it doesn't silence the blacksmith and that clang clang clang drives me crazy. I have to turn off all sound to stop it.

Anyone know of a way to silence these annoying characters?
If I wanted a Signature I would have a Signature --- but i don't want one so I don't have one.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it their intro voice over your looking to avoid? In 1.3, entering the store screen or bank screen stops their speech instead of allowing it to continue to the end.
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there any way to turn off the sound from the blacksmith in Elder Root?
    I found the add-on Banker Shut up but it doesn't silence the blacksmith and that clang clang clang drives me crazy. I have to turn off all sound to stop it.

Anyone know of a way to silence these annoying characters?
    Banker Shutup works by temporarily setting the "Dialog" Volume to 0.
    Afaik it can be told to lower other volumes as well.
    http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1763
    Working with the anvil will propably fall under ambience or sound effect volume.
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • Arizona_Willie
    Arizona_Willie
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah that would work, but it's a pain to do that. I get the same result by hitting the mute button on my Logitech G15 keyboard. Much faster than opening menus and finding what I want and making the change and then doing it all over again when I want the sound back.

But it's annoying to have to do that because I usually forget to hit the mute button again :( until I'm trying to figure out why the sound isn't working and then I remember ' oh yeah i was in Elder Root and silenced it '.

Wish the Banker Shutup add-on would add the ability to silence ALL bankers and NPC who make annoying sounds automagically.
    If I wanted a Signature I would have a Signature --- but i don't want one so I don't have one.
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that would work, but it's a pain to do that. I get the same result by hitting the mute button on my Logitech G15 keyboard. Much faster than opening menus and finding what I want and making the change and then doing it all over again when I want the sound back.

But it's annoying to have to do that because I usually forget to hit the mute button again :( until I'm trying to figure out why the sound isn't working and then I remember ' oh yeah i was in Elder Root and silenced it '.

Wish the Banker Shutup add-on would add the ability to silence ALL bankers and NPC who make annoying sounds automagically.
    Just looking in it's menu and setting it up properly would likely have been faster then asking for new addon on the Forum - that would do exactly same work anyway.

It does nothing more then automute certain sounds while in a Dialog scene or at a crafting table. And autounmute once you leave that scene again.
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.