Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Preview New Guild Crests"

• Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    These are crap. My guild has it's own symbol and these are some other entities'. I think there should also be a submission to the system so you could have your own. I also hope this isn't only for the tabards because they look bogus. I would rather see them on shoulder plates, shields and other gear. Let us put it where we want. Just my 2 cents...do with it what you will.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabard
    A tabard is a short coat common for men during the Middle Ages. Generally used while outdoors, the coat was either sleeveless or had short sleeves or shoulder pieces. In its more developed form it was open at the sides; and it could be worn with or without a belt. Though most were ordinary garments, often workclothes, tabards might be emblazoned on the front and back with a coat of arms

^ This is what a Tabard is. If you want a Coat of Arms on your equipment, that's a bit different. What if you leave the guild where you Coat of Arms originates from? It would conflict with the Motif (you know, the really expensive/rare patterns that everyone's always chasing).

I would like to see a system of submitting a graphic for approval as your Guild's Coat of Arms, but I understand it would have to be a fee-based service as the only way to really proof these user-submitted graphics would be to have a Human check it visually.
    [Hard Mode Dungeoneers] is recruiting all players of all levels for this new Guild.
    THIS IS A NEW-BUT-GROWING GUILD. We are focused on doing vet pledges, vet dungeons, getting achieves, & doing hard mode bosses.
    Most active GMT+10 (Australia time zone) in the afternoon Mon-Fri and all day Sat/Sun.
    Pst/email for info/invites.
  • jerzey_gamer
    These crests look awesome! And I think it's funny how people will always complain no matter how much you give them. It says that what is shown is "just a peek" at the crests that will be available, so I'm sure there will be something to satisfy everybody. A system for submitting user-created crests could be cool, but I think Zenimax might be worried about people not sticking with the theme of the game and trying to create silly/cartoony crests. Then they'll have to worry about people bitching about where to draw the line with that one.
    Edited by jerzey_gamer on July 22, 2014 2:19PM
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln
    Gawjo - VR15 Nord DK DPS [US] | 50 Alchemy/Blacksmithing/Provisioning
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how many members does a guild need to access these mine moves from between 20-30 as we recruit new and kick in actives. My current understanding is that we will require a guild of 50+ for people to access it is this correct?