The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Motifs

pierceoftheender
I have lately seen lv.15's running rampid in Daedric armor, I watched a video that says that you can only learn Daedric (and other veteran) Motifs after you reach a certain level, just wondering how this system works. my brain cant understand the mystery's that the Dwemer of Zenimax have created...
Edited by pierceoftheender on July 4, 2014 6:56AM
A horse walked into a bar. Several people got up and left as they spotted the potential danger in the situation.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The level is 40 for daedric but it is in the crafting skill not your own skill level. There is no lock on you wearing any motif style no matter what your level you are as long as the crafted gear is made for your level or lower. So a daedric heavy chest piece could be crafted with iron for a level 14 character and worn by the level 15 character you saw.

So could be a lvl 15 character with a 40 blacksmithing skill that made their own equipment. Or it could be a person that has a higher level character or friend with a higher level character that has the 40 level in blacksmithing, woodwork or clothier and made the equipment for them. Or they could have bought the armour from a crafter with the requisite crafting skill.

Lots of options for how to wear daedric gear at lower levels :)
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
    Options
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or, Like I did, I made the Primal armor (not daedric, but the principle is the same) and bounce mailed it to my Level 1 character in the wailing prison and she ran through in a full primal set... it's really not hard.
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
    Options
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    He either had his veteran main character do it then put it in the bank so he can withdraw it with his lvl 15 char or he bought it from someone that could craft in daedric. OR even made it himself, i doubt it but not impossible. You need 6 (or 8 i don't remember) points in any profession in the 1st passive to be able to learn daedric motif.

C'mon... is this a serious question??
    Edited by AreoHotah on July 5, 2014 7:26AM
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
    Options
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Explain Bounce mailing....
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hamfast wrote: »
    Or, Like I did, I made the Primal armor (not daedric, but the principle is the same) and bounce mailed it to my Level 1 character in the wailing prison and she ran through in a full primal set... it's really not hard.

You Mail it to an alt, admittedly this the only way to get it to a level 1 character.

But generally you don't need to mail it to an alt, just put it in the bank and have the alt take it out.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    What @AlexDougherty‌ said, with a Return to sender from the alt/friend (I use my wife's account)

As we can't mail items to ourselves, you need to "Bounce" the mail off of another account.
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
    Options
  • pierceoftheender
    @AreoHotah yes, this is a serious question that I was confused on
    A horse walked into a bar. Several people got up and left as they spotted the potential danger in the situation.
    Options
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erm, They also could have been Sorcerers who raised their Summon skill quickly to get Bound Armour. If they were then they might have minions with them.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i had to achieve 9/9 to learn daedric. only way that guy had daedric at that low level, is:
    1. made it with a vet lvl character, then put it in the bank(bank is shared on all characters) and picked it up with his 15 or whatever lvl it was char
    2. bought it from someone else
    Edited by Cody on July 7, 2014 3:16AM
    Options
  • jon_m_petersb14_ESO
    jon_m_petersb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I dont know about you guys, but when I completed the first alliance story I was disappointed by the the weapon I got. I was hoping to get the crafting style for the dominion. Now I know this sounds crazy but really if the NPC's we interact with are of different heights then this should be very easy for Zinamax to do. Because that means that they already have the armor designed for different heights and its already installed on your comp as well. What you you guys think more motifs? I vote yes
    Options
  • Alephen
    Alephen
    ✭✭✭
    my daedric crafting blacksmith is lvl 15 atm, only because i decided to level him up the past week, had all motifs at adventure lvl 10.

need 9/9 (crafting level 40) to make daedric, need 8/9 (mid 30s crafting level) to make ancient elf. but any motif can be used to make level one gear.

the problem is the confusion between reading 'can only learn Daedric (and other veteran) Motifs after you reach a certain level' and not understanding that 1) they mean crafting level and 2) crafted gear can be sold/traded.
    Edited by Alephen on July 7, 2014 9:45PM
    Options
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have made lots of sets for people in deadric even lvl15s, I also use my main to make crafted set for my alts
    Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NookyZooky wrote: »
    i had to achieve 9/9 to learn daedric. only way that guy had daedric at that low level, is:
    1. made it with a vet lvl character, then put it in the bank(bank is shared on all characters) and picked it up with his 15 or whatever lvl it was char

3. Leveled that profession on that specific level 15 character to get up to Rank 9/9 so he/she could craft it themselves after purchasing the motif from someone else. It really isn't that difficult to understand.
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    NookyZooky wrote: »

3. Leveled that profession on that specific level 15 character to get up to Rank 9/9 so he/she could craft it themselves after purchasing the motif from someone else.
    well good for you:) I don't think I could sit there with a lvl 15 and reach 9/9 in a craft. seems like it would take too long
    Edited by Cody on July 11, 2014 3:14AM
    Options
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leveling alts is kinda fun if you do it right. I go get shards my fighters find. I don't care how I get em' and completing anything is not what my crafters do. So smash and grab, often with a free pass to the door. ;)

It's another game really. I have all 8 slots full with only one for storage. The rest all have functions but only four fight their way through the game.
    Options
  • mrdeadeye
    mrdeadeye
    Soul Shriven
    I have level 14 in blacksmithing level 14 in woodworking, and level 13 in clothier and I can't still learn daedric and I am level 23 do I need a level 40 in blacksmithing?
    Options
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure you have to have lvl 40 in either BS or Clothing to learn the Daedric Motif.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mrdeadeye wrote: »
    I have level 14 in blacksmithing level 14 in woodworking, and level 13 in clothier and I can't still learn daedric and I am level 23 do I need a level 40 in blacksmithing?

You need to put 9 points into Blacksmithing/Clothing/Woodcrafting, the skill that lets you use different materials. This is probably about level 40.

It can as a surprise to me too, the info on the internet about the Rare Motifs is less than clear.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options