Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Preview New Guild Crests"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the blog post "Preview New Guild Crests."

What do you think of these new guild crests, as well as new forum avatars?

Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of diversity in these guild crests. Love that the oblivion symbols were included!
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it's a good start. I sure hope this isn't the full catalog though. I would like to see more variety. It looks like there are quite a few duplicates that are just slightly different designs. It would be really nice if ZOS had a player submission contest. It would be a great way to include the community.
    Edited by eventide03b14a_ESO on July 16, 2014 8:22PM
    :trollin:
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish we could see all the crests so we could work on picking the one we like now.
  • _subjectnamehere_
    _subjectnamehere_
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's a good start. I sure hope this isn't the full catalog though. I would like to see more variety. It looks like there are quite a few duplicates that are just slightly different designs. It would be really nice if ZOS had a player submission contest. It would be a great way to include the community.

I love this idea! Also, perhaps, provide us with templates in-game and let us mix and match designs to completely personalize a guild crest.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good, but..
    Combine these with even more crests, a huge color palette, and different tabard shapes, and your guild will have its own memorable look.

Does that mean we can OVERLAY one crest with another? Like put a Red Dragon over a Black Crest? If so, COOOL. B)
    Edited by Darlgon on July 16, 2014 8:39PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • luzpteb17_ESO
    Needs more mythical beasts....
    Besides that, they're decent.
  • LadyNerevar
    LadyNerevar
    ✭✭✭
    I demand a monkey ;)

Tam! RUGH!

(seriously, though, this is a sweet selection)
    Librarian at the Imperial Library
  • Aortick
    Aortick
    ✭✭✭
    Looking Good, needs a Heart Shape though.
  • MercutioElessar
    MercutioElessar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing regrettable is that only guilds with ten or more members may chose one.
    I'd really love to own my very own coat of arms for my 1-man-guild...
    If I've ever offended you,
    just know that from the bottom of my heart,
    I really don't give a ***.

• Knetemileb17_ESO
    Knetemileb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I like that you work on this too. but what about a working Guild Chest !..
  • TikiGamer
    TikiGamer
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see some that aren't here - a guar, the mask from Trials, a hist tree, undead (ghosts, spectres etc), Mundus stone, mud crab, scamp, gargoyle, ancient elf helmet, Daedric shield, seducer goblet, cadwell's coat of arms, dwarven spider and gears. just a few ideas.
  • Inzababa
    Inzababa
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog post "Preview New Guild Crests."

What do you think of these new guild crests, as well as new forum avatars?

I like some of them but was expecting that we'd be able to make our own? :no_mouth:
    Resistance is FUtilez
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value.

Resistance is FUtilez
  • DaGhostDS
    DaGhostDS
    ✭✭✭
    Third image is the same as the first one, well except minor resizing and stretching.
    Edited by DaGhostDS on July 16, 2014 11:54PM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inzababa wrote: »
    I like some of them but was expecting that we'd be able to make our own? :no_mouth:

Other games have tried user-generated art and it invariably turns into a constant hassle for the developers with players creating items that have *** on them, middle fingers on them, etc. :-(
  • someuser
    someuser
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only thing regrettable is that only guilds with ten or more members may chose one.

I bet you would also really love to have a full guild bank with 500 space just for your 1-man guild too wouldn't you? Think you're missing the point of what makes a guild...a...guild.
    To make ESO look and feel like a PC MMO check out the following:

PhinixUI addon-powered interface for ESO
  • nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    So we can't make our own? Disappointment of the year.
    Sanguine's Beta Tester

• Nivzruo_ESO
    Nivzruo_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    There better be unicorns & rainbows with pink backgrounds and heart shaped borders or I'm unsubbing.
    Nelgyntc- V14 NB
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you think of these new guild crests
    The crests are nice, your hostility towards small guilds by not letting them access this feature isn't.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    someuser wrote: »

I bet you would also really love to have a full guild bank with 500 space just for your 1-man guild too wouldn't you? Think you're missing the point of what makes a guild...a...guild.
    I love crass strawman arguments, it shows the intellectual thinking that went into them.

• Idhaleya
    Idhaleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »

Does that mean we can OVERLAY one crest with another? Like put a Red Dragon over a Black Crest? If so, COOOL. B)

No, I tested it on the PTS Server. It doesnt work that way. You can use several designs for the surcoat.

• MercutioElessar
    MercutioElessar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    someuser wrote: »

Don't, you'll lose the bet ;)
    There's a reason why it's a One-Man-show at this point (wich I won't discuss in public, obviously). I don't need the space nor the bank or the store. And not having it is a good thing since there's only me in the guild right now.
    Believe me, I know about the point of a guild and what it's supposed to mean, to represent. But you, my friend, don't have a clou about me and my intentions so you're kinda the one missing the point ;)
    If I've ever offended you,
    just know that from the bottom of my heart,
    I really don't give a ***.

• mndfreeze
    mndfreeze
    ✭✭✭
    I'm confused by the way the article was written on if what they showed was 'just a taste' of some of our choices, or if thats all there is that will be available when it goes release on the production server? I get that there will be more eventually, my question more pertains to what will be available RIGHT AWAY. The article sort of makes it sound like this posting is just a sneak peek, a small hint of whats there, but in the past similar worded articles gave the same sort of meaning, but it turned out to be meant more in the long haul sort of way and what was listed there is what you get on day 1 when it comes out. So please sir, please, sir, sir, some clarification please, sir.

Edited by mndfreeze on July 17, 2014 12:55PM
  • Spyfox007_ESO
    I like the guild crests so far. I realize this isn't all of them but I hope they have or will add a compass crest, it's what I've always planned using for my guild.
  • Tambitch
    Tambitch
    Soul Shriven
    We need more botanical crests, leaves, flowers, potatoes...
  • steven.whysongub17_ESO
    steven.whysongub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Some crests that represetn tiems, tradeskills and such would also be nice. Not all guilds are adventuring and/or pvp guilds, but some are pure trading guilds and others social. It would be nice to have a variety of crests that symbolized "Hi, I am a member of the enchanting guild" or "welcome to our merchant stalls" and such.
  • lancepro
    lancepro
    ✭✭
    I think the crest choices are a little limited. Specifically for Werewolf and Vampire guilds.
    Rocketship Builder, Pizza Expert
    "I swear by my life and my love of it."
    Beta Tested since 8/15/13
  • mad.ferretb16_ESO
    I don't know wether this is technically possible but maybe you could have an on going (or one off) crest submission feature/comp, obviously nothing lewd/racist/offensive and you could pick the best 50/100/200 ?

It'd be a good way to include the ESO community and get something into the game at the same time I think.
  • mndfreeze
    mndfreeze
    ✭✭✭
    We need someone who has tested this on the PTS server to come spam this thread with screenshots and infr0z!
  • Enderman_Slayer
    These are crap. My guild has it's own symbol and these are some other entities'. I think there should also be a submission to the system so you could have your own. I also hope this isn't only for the tabards because they look bogus. I would rather see them on shoulder plates, shields and other gear. Let us put it where we want. Just my 2 cents...do with it what you will.
    Just finished my new signature......Images are not allowed in signatures. Remove them and save to keep the changes.
  • slbrgt
    slbrgt
    ✭✭
    I would have liked to see some simple big symbols, like a cross or x shape.