The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I'm at lvl 47 DK and can't lvl further!

Sargus
Sargus
✭✭
HI,
I'm new to this game but i have managed to lvl my Dragonknight to 47. I must have done something right to be able to get to lvl 47, but now i can't find any more quests to lvl further. The only quest i have not managed to do is to kill Mannimarko, i can't kill him!!
So my question is, how am i to get to veteran lvl. I'm not very social ;) so grouping or being a member of a Guild is something i haven't considered.

Thank you.
  • KariTR
    KariTR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was VR1 before I left Coldhabour :(

Have you checked your achievement journal to see what you may have missed in the way of quests/public dungeons? or maps to see if there are any 'black' spots?
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You will need to kill Mannimarco and finish the main story to unlock veteran zones.

How come you don't have any more quests at 47? Have you already done everything in Coldharbor?
  • Sargus
    Sargus
    ✭✭
    Thank you both for your good answers to my questions.

No, i have not checked my achievement journal, i'm going to do that right now, maybe i can learn of something there.

I can't see any black spots in zones i have done, except for the group dungeons, and i have done everything in Coldharbor i think, so it's Mannimarco who is left of the main story.

I went over to Cyrodiil to see if i could level up a bit there, and now am stuck on this stupid training with catapults where you have to hit dummies.

Thank you.
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you complete Coldharbour, I mean everything including the final battle there, then the Prophet will once more call you for help. If you haven't killed Mannimarco you are going to be stuck until you do because you need to advance the main story with the Prophet before you can move on to veteran levels. You may also need to rethink your build, to be truly honest Mannimarco was moderately difficult compared to what's coming.

My VR1 Imperial mage just got through the faction story today and the final battle was extremely tough. I'll probably be doing it again tonight or tomorrow on my VR1 Dragon Knight with sword and shield. Frankly I'm expecting it to be a very hard fight and I may have to switch my skills a few times till I get something that can get me through it. If you're having trouble with Mannimarco just remember there are worse things coming...be prepared as you possibly can.
    Edited by Jennifur_Vultee on June 22, 2014 10:51PM
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    You should hit VR1 about 1/4 of the way though the coldharbour quest. If not then you have missed a boatload of quests somewhere. Make sure you have all the questing achievements for every zone.
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • Sherrieg
    Sherrieg
    ✭✭
    Wander around the areas off the beaten paths in each zone - there are tons of quest that show up.
  • Phadin
    Phadin
    ✭✭
    What level were you getting out of previous regions? For example, I'm level 17-18 usually just finishing the first region of an alliance if I managed to hit all the quests.
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was at level 46 when I completed the content. A few hours of running around killing things in Coldharbour leveled me to VR 1. You can also redo dolmens and solo dungeons. It doesn't take long for that final push to VR 1. Good luck! ;)
  • richiestyles
    I believe theres an add-on to show if you missed places if you dont want to run around
  • Azarul
    Azarul
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe theres an add-on to show if you missed places if you dont want to run around
    Yes, its call Undiscovered.
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sargus wrote: »
    The only quest i have not managed to do is to kill Mannimarko, i can't kill him!!

Since this is already at least week old post originally assuming you have managed to handle Mannimaco. If not tell us what seems to be killing you and maybe we can help you get past it.

Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • shadowz081
    shadowz081
    ✭✭✭
    Well I am not sure how you managed to only get to 47, assuming you finished all of cold harbor, since I was VR1 3/4 ways through it...But yeah, you can't go VR till you finish the main story...And I have seen DK solo much, much harder stuff than mani, even me as a DW/bow NB back than was eventually able to kill him with a bunch of pots. Tell us what build and weapons you are using that might be your problem with mani, also you cant get help for main quests.
  • Sargus
    Sargus
    ✭✭
    Hello and thank you all for a very good answers to my questons.

I have not played my DK for close to two week now thanks to not be able to kill Mannimarko, but i'm now 60% to lvl 49. I downloaded the addon "Undiscovered" today and i´m going to plow through all areas i have done and hopefully i´ll find some missed dungeons.

Is there some way that i can show my DK´s build here? Or do i have to write it all down here :D

Thank's again.
  • drkeys143
    drkeys143
    ✭✭✭
    As other people have said, you can level to VR but you can't actually access the VR content as such until you have finished ALL the main story questline. If you post your difficulty with mannimarco, plenty of people can help you, or pm me and I can help you out there
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there some way that i can show my DK´s build here? Or do i have to write it all down here :D

You can browse to eg. http://esohead.com copy your build there and then share the link here so people can go watch how is your build.
  • LariahHunding
    LariahHunding
    ✭✭✭✭
    I beat him today with a sword and shield DK today.

A couple of things:

Beat on him until he call the adds. I retreat up the stairs and destroy the adds has fast as possible.

Stay out the red areas, save enough stamina to dodge and roll.

Need a fast closer like shield charge as soon as the adds are down, close and beat on him. Drop a standard on him if you have one when you charge.

Use food and potions.

The key points is to stay out of the red areas and kill the adds as fast as possible.
    "Give a man a sweet roll, he only has one to steal. Give him a sweet roll recipe, he have bunches to steal."

• Sargus
    Sargus
    ✭✭
    Ok, here is the awfully long Url (no idea how to link to here, lol) to my build. The two handed sword i have is: Prismatic Greateblade dm: 110
    Feel free to comment on this ;)

I used the add-on Undiscovered, and looked at what i have not done, well, it was not much and i'm almost finished only a few spots left in Coldharbour. I leave the group dungeons because i don't know how to interact with people.

Thank you all.

http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#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

• Sargus
    Sargus
    ✭✭
    I forgot to say thank you to drkeys143 for your offer, my character name is Ranfer (a female) on the Eu server, probably i should not put it here.

Thank's again.
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm,

You have some of the slowest or less damage skills in your 2h bar. What I have or had was:

Green Dragon Blood (other morph Coagulating Blood), Reverce Slice (other morph Executioner), Burning Embers, Molten Weapons, Inferno

Skill Bar suggestion:
    Volatile Armor, Executioner, Burning Embers, Molten Weapons, Coagulating Blood

Which ever order you prefer. Ultimate maybe Magma armor instead of the leap for the fight or Standard of Might.

Also had some health+stam food. If you are not having food then msg me in game (I'm also EU, and I'll send some to your way).

So armor up and some extra dam to your weapon with molten weapons and then go in and start with burning embers to get some dot going and start smashing reverce slice/executioner. When he starts opening portal for adds (big beam to to sky) go for the portal and get rid of the adds, then back to Manni.

Here's my fight with 2H DK, missing maybe 30secs from the start (NVidia Shadowplay set to 2min shadow).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXD-oPeQjbo&list=UU8DCYWmUueQYyNn6mhun4ZA

Hope this helps any.

EDIT: fixed skill bar after watched my own vid again. Though only used molten weap, burning embers, reverce slice and green dragon blood.

EDIT2: Suggestion for skill bar for the fight.
    Edited by Syntse on July 16, 2014 9:55AM
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    drkeys143 wrote: »
    As other people have said, you can level to VR but you can't actually access the VR content as such until you have finished ALL the main story questline. If you post your difficulty with mannimarco, plenty of people can help you, or pm me and I can help you out there

This isn't entirely correct. You can get access to Craglorn without doing ANY of the main storyline which itself is VR content, once you are level 50 (VR1). You just can't do your 2nd and then 3rd Faction's zones without being on Cadwell's Almanac (after killing Molag Bal).

To the OP I also got to Manimarco at 47, he was a pain in the behind as a Medium Armor, ST Bow build NB way back before they started fixing NB's so I feel your pain. You can go hit up the Public Dungeon in Codlharbour for a bit and easily spam out 1-3 levels within a short time, that might help you some.
  • Sargus
    Sargus
    ✭✭
    Thank's to you all for the good advice.
    I'm now lvl 49 and grinding in Coldharbour. I'll take a look at my skills for 2h and do the suggested changes if i can, i have only 3 points left to spend.
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank's to you all for the good advice.
    I'm now lvl 49 and grinding in Coldharbour. I'll take a look at my skills for 2h and do the suggested changes if i can, i have only 3 points left to spend.

Don't think you need to respec or add skills. You should have at least all that I mentioned there already just change those to the skill bar and give it a try.

Of course there are other things that may cause added trouble like if not too customed to move a lot that will cause some trouble in fights and if playing in 1st person will give some more added difficulty.
  • Zebug
    Zebug
    ✭✭✭
    And you got the achievements for finishing the required number of quests in each zone? You most have missed a ton of quests in at least a couple areas
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try grinding at the Cliffs of Failure area in Coldharbour.
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zebug wrote: »
    And you got the achievements for finishing the required number of quests in each zone? You most have missed a ton of quests in at least a couple areas
    Try grinding at the Cliffs of Failure area in Coldharbour.

Not sure have you read all fully since issue was that he could not advance because he could not defeat Mannimarco which was then blocking the progress to rest of the game content.