The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Addons Mac Install, Need help.

ignog
ignog
Soul Shriven
So, I've seen this path everywhere ... ~/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/

I don't have a Live folder, in my Elder Scrolls Online folder I have
depot
game_mac
vo_en
l58h6f21wcd7.png

If I need to create a "live" folder where do I create it ? Then where do I create the add on folder ?

I have no idea what to do.
Any help will be much appreciated,
Cheers!
Edited by ignog on July 14, 2014 4:30PM
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's because the path is not directing you to the ESO install folder but to your Documents folder as this is where the preferences and addon folder is stored in a Mac (mirrors closely the PC install)
    ~/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/

this is different from the actual ESO install which goes into Applications
    ~/Applications/Zenimax Online/Launcher

The game uses both.

The ~ is used to refer to the User so when you open the User folder in your OS X it will have a folder by default called Documents. In that after installing a folder called Elder Scrolls Online which contains the various folders/ files used by the game including Addons folder for addons. If it doesn't yet exist then make anew folder with that name

So check there. If you have a NA install it will be live but if an Europe install it is called liveeu.

Put the downloaded addon into the Addon folder and it should work once enabled in the game.

Personally I use the Minion addon manager which works great generally in Mac also and simplifies adding addons and updating.
    Edited by Moonraker on July 14, 2014 5:49PM
  • ignog
    ignog
    Soul Shriven
    Perfect, thanks for that !
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Albinson715
    Albinson715
    Soul Shriven
    None of my addons are working, I've recently installed the AUI addon but the game's interface is not showing the changes :neutral: I used the same path from @Moonraker 's reply. (Sorry for the bad english).
    Priests of Hircine
    Azor Aceroamargo — Nightblade Male Breton — Werewolf
  • NSObject
    NSObject
    ✭✭✭
    Moonraker wrote: »

You have a typo there. The Zenimax Online folder goes in the root Applications folder, not the user one (which is not often used — it isn't created by default and may not even be there for many people). The correct path, leaving out Launcher.app, is
    /Applications/Zenimax Online/

• Ecstatica
    Ecstatica
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I use the Minion addon manager which works great generally in Mac also and simplifies adding addons and updating.

If you don't already use Minion, this is the best advice you'll get all day. ESO related anyhow :)
    Filthy Gorgeous
    (PC/EU)
  • henrycupcakerwb17_ESO
    ignog wrote: »
    So, I've seen this path everywhere ... ~/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/

I don't have a Live folder, in my Elder Scrolls Online folder I have
    depot
    game_mac
    vo_en
    l58h6f21wcd7.png

If I need to create a "live" folder where do I create it ? Then where do I create the add on folder ?

I have no idea what to do.
    Any help will be much appreciated,
    Cheers!
    That's because the path is not directing you to the ESO install folder but to your Documents folder as this is where the preferences and addon folder is stored in a Mac (mirrors closely the PC install)
    ~/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/

The game uses both.

The ~ is used to refer to the User so when you open the User folder in your OS X it will have a folder by default called Documents. In that after installing a folder called Elder Scrolls Online which contains the various folders/ files used by the game including Addons folder for addons. If it doesn't yet exist then make anew folder with that name

So check there. If you have a NA install it will be live but if an Europe install it is called liveeu.

Put the downloaded addon into the Addon folder and it should work once enabled in the game.

lol crap, I thought something's wrong and I deleted the other root Applications folder,

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    With this thread being over 5 years old the discussion will be closed. If you cannot find a recent thread on a specific question or topic please feel free to start a new thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.