The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

All of Meridias Lights (all Five of them) [possible spoilers]

Zhoyzu
Zhoyzu
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok so ive been seeing that people have been having a problem with locating all the lights and haven't seen a solution ( i did look, achieve *** here didnt want to miss something). Fortunately i got them all on my own (seeing as most people didnt have a solution to them)so ill spear head this help thread.

At the time of writing this its 3:15 am and im tired as hell, there are sure to be plenty of grammar errors and other such. im also sitting on 13/30 quests in coldharbour.

SPOILER ALERT (sorta???) I do not recommend reading this if you do not care about achievements or wish to attempt to find them all on your own.
I will give the locations and spoilers will be found on the bottom in the same order as i listed the locations.

1.The first 2 light crystals are pretty easy to find and get as the first 2 quests you are assigned will lead you to them. Those 2 quests would be to save the mage in the eastern part of coldharbour, and the Ayleid King in the western side.

2.The next light can be found in the eastern section of coldharbour in a place called 'The Vile Laboratory'. You will need to progress through the quest to get to it. south east of the Hollow city and directly east of Cadwell's Hovel.

3. The fourth crystal can be found in the 'Tower of Lies'. The quest giver is quite literally directly outside of the hollow city to the north west (follow the short road). His name is Gwilin or something similar. If you miss this crystal... well you shouldnt as they tell you about it loud and clear. (must complete the quest in the area to get to it)

4. The fifth Light of meridia can be found in the library of Dusk. It is almost due west of the hollow city. A NPC ghost (actually a projection, they just make all ghosts purple *shrugs*) will walk out onto the road from the direction of the library and give you the quest to save her companions. complete this quest through to the end to get the light of meridia.

Thanks for reading, i hope this helps someone who cannot find them or missed them. I apologize to those of you that have done these quests but dont have all 5 lights as i cannot tell you how to get them if you missed them. For instance i do not know if its possible to return to the vile laboratory and go through it again.

empty space so people can avoid seeing the spoilers.
Read 1st comment to see how there are 5 lights

1. (Spoiler): siding with the lamia or the wood elves does not affect your ability to get the light. (sided with lamia personally).

2. SPOILER: when You get to the end and must choose whom to save (does not matter) DO NOT forget to turn around and grab the crystal out of the dwarven thing (machine?). you are teleported out and there is no easy way back in (if at all).

4. SPOILER: you will teleport outside onto a floating outcropping and you will speak to a projection of the Ayleid king. He will tell you that you can jump off the rock and his magic will prevent you from harm. BEFORE YOU JUMP grab the Crystal. I do not know if there is a way back.

couldnt figure out spoiler tags at this time, if someone would like to post how on this thread i would be greatful but doubt i would change my format.
Edited by Zhoyzu on May 19, 2014 1:37AM
Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

• Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updating my thread.

Second time in coldharbour (another character).
    It would seem to be that there are 6 (SIX yea i said it) lights of meridia. 2 (two) of which are possible to miss.

On this play through i noticed i have 4/5 lights of meridia and havent explored the east side yet.

On top of the three locations on the west side i mentioned before hand, it would seem that there is a 4th one on the west side.
    The fourth one could possibly be from siding with the scholars in Haj uxith. I doubt this as i i do not recall picking up a light of meridia and i dont recall reading a light of meridia awarded upon quest completion either.
    Yet rescuing stibbons doesnt give a light and neither do the other basic quests in the area (pub dg quests n ***)

This leads me to believe that there are in fact 6 lights of meridia as it seems to be the only explanation as to me having 4 and not having run the east side of cold harbour.

SO Haj-Uxith AND the Vile Laboratory are missable lights. The vlie lab due to the nature of the quest ( i dont know if you can re-enter the area) and haj uxith because of choosing a side.

Im still skeptical about the light in Haj-Uxith but enough people are getting their panties in a bunch because they refuse to explore or rush through content too quickly. But it explains my 4/5 lights before going to the east side.

Evidently there may be only 5 as i just completed the great forge and wasnt awarded a light as i thought it was supposed to. I was positive that it had one as i had all 5 before doing Haj-Uxith on my first run through. I recall grabbing the light and going through the portal.
    Except on this play through i did Haj-Uxith and now am 4/5 and the great forge did not reward one (logged out pretty quick after shutting it down, maybe it just didnt award it yet?).
    Edited by Zhoyzu on May 19, 2014 1:56AM
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

• BarbaraBinSJC
    BarbaraBinSJC
    Soul Shriven
    I did miss the crystal in the Tower of Lies - ran right past in into the portal. I went back and it is gone. Any ideas how to get that crystal?
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    uhm.... if you havent finished that area you could abandon. or check to make sure you werent awarded it anyways @BarbaraBinSJC

• Yaldabaoth
    Yaldabaoth
    Soul Shriven
    HERE IS THE SOLUTION:
    so i finished Coldharbour's main quest line and i was left with only 3 out of 5 crystals
    well i was really sad about the fact that i wasn't able to go back and collect the remaining 2 crystals, right?!
    NO LOL...
    since you will receive crystals after completing the major side quests :sweat_smile:
    (and those crystals aren't physical objects that you need to collect, they just get added to your progress of the achievement)

the major side quests that i completed were as follow:
    1) The Manor of Revelry
    2) Haj Uxith
    (it doesn't matter which side you take)

and there you have it my fellow adventurers
    don't worry about missing your crystals no more :wink:
    Edited by Yaldabaoth on May 26, 2020 6:45PM
    Join me on my journey Adept.... You can find me in the World of PlayStation Network, a place called Mr-EfTi (if you are confuse Adept! that is my PSN account lol)
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to necro this thread but I wanted to clarify how you obtain 5 Lights for the Lightbearer achievement. Note they don't have to be done in order.

1. Rescue Vanus Galerion. Light is found during the quest.
    2. Library of Dusk - grab the Light before jumping off the rock.
    3. Tower of Lies - grab the Light before going through the portal.
    4. Vile Laboratory - the Light is used near the end of the quest, make sure to pick it up again before leaving the area.
    5. Lightless Oubliette (note you have to complete the quest Into The Woods first and then the followup quest) - a Light is obtained at the start of the quest and the achievement unlocks when you speak to the questgiver.

There is no Light given at the end of the Haj Uxith quest.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER