The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Prevent Healing

Sherrieg
Sherrieg
✭✭
I have an end of quest boss - I could defeat him except he continues to heal. What will work to prevent his constant healing? He also shoots frost and I tried the spell that redirects it back to him, and I get the message that he is too strong for that spell which tells me he is quite strong (vet 4; as am I) I have tried blocking but it doesn't seem to work. I am a Templar with duel weapons. Any suggestions?
  • emeraldbay
    emeraldbay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To prevent a heal, you have to interrupt (LMB + RMB by default) while he's casting. Sometimes this is unreliable and doesn't work, but unless you have a knockdown or a stun, there's not much else you can do. Another alternative is to just do crazy DPS to completely wreck him before he gets the chance to heal.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of them can't be knocked down or stunned in Vet content.

You have to sit on their face and smack 'em in melee range to interrupt... then dodge back to pewpew when they do their nigh guaranteed anti-melee 'you can't hurt me until I'm done AOEing' hahaha.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing mobs in the entire game are way OP and bosses like this one are simply unfair when they're immune to the one ability the player can use to stop it.

DPS checks are a lazy fight design mechanic.
  • KariTR
    KariTR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing mobs in the entire game are way OP and bosses like this one are simply unfair when they're immune to the one ability the player can use to stop it.

DPS checks are a lazy fight design mechanic.

Except you dont need an abilty, you just need to use the mouse clicks you were taught in the tutorial.
  • Sherrieg
    Sherrieg
    ✭✭
    Ya, tried using the interrupt/block mouse clicks - works a little, and then he is healed again. Nothing seems to work.
  • drkeys143
    drkeys143
    ✭✭✭
    Can you/do you use an interrupt ability, eg venom arrow if you use a bow as secondary, or any similar which will interrupt casting?
  • Sherrieg
    Sherrieg
    ✭✭
    drkeys143 wrote: »
    Can you/do you use an interrupt ability, eg venom arrow if you use a bow as secondary, or any similar which will interrupt casting?

Yes, I have tried this; it works for a little bit, but he casts heal so often I run out of stamina or he slips in a heal spell between my interrupts. I don't usually use a bow, but I may try just to use the venom arrow. I'll need to practice with it though and my sill level will be very low.