The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Mannimarco is too hard for me

PyroDes86
PyroDes86
✭✭
my nightblade is 46 has mostly all purple gear and i cannot defeat him. my gear score is 1500+ at full repair. i have tried 7 times with having used 70+ potions. i cannot kill him, i am not cognisent enough for overwhelming red circles. if the vet content is like this, sadly im out, im done. a challenge is great but this is too much for me. im in tears of frustration.
  • PyroDes86
    PyroDes86
    ✭✭
    additionally i have respec'd 3 times trying to get it right, each time cost me about 9k gold
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The key to this entire fight is to interrupt the life steal. He'll usually teleport before he does this. Save enough Stamina for it so that you can do it consistently. Have some form of self healing in addition to potions. Nightblade has a few healing skills...
    Strife -- apply early and reapply as needed
    Killer's Blade (Assassin's Blade morph) -- use on adds for a quick heal

If you don't have any of those skills available, Entropy (Mages Guild skill) and especially the Degeneration morph could be a boon to this fight.

As long as you interrupt the life steal and have some form of self heal, you'll be fine. Don't try to burst him down. You'll waste all your resources and then won't be able to interrupt or heal yourself. The adds are easy kills. Don't waste big skills on them either. Turn them into walking health potions with your skills or dispatch of them with white dmg while kiting.

EDIT: Also don't waste stamina on blocking each of his attacks. They don't hit that hard. Save the stamina for the life steal.
    Edited by nudel on June 27, 2014 4:20AM
  • PyroDes86
    PyroDes86
    ✭✭
    i read that, ill try an 8th time i guess.
  • Skewki
    Skewki
    ✭✭
    stay in his face with blood craze (dw) and swallow soul, interrupt his crap, save aoe ult for ghosts.. vampire skills help here too. just be happy that you aren't getting +12 ghost adds like i was when i did it as a nb lols
    howmanyhealthbars_zpsa02a8888.jpg
    Edited by Skewki on June 27, 2014 5:05AM
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the most important thing in this fight is that once he opens the portal for the adds you concentrate on the adds then again Manni. If you just try to kill Manni the whole time you will be killed.

Here's link to thread with very same issue where I gave my thoughts and setup when I did that.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/114507/i-need-help-with-the-level-40-main-quest-fight
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • PyroDes86
    PyroDes86
    ✭✭
    tried an 8th time and the red circles and ghosts killed me. with all this advice, i ran out of potions and patience. however with 1/2 his health gone i still died. over and over. in communicating with someone i felt as if it was an attempted lure to stay.
  • PyroDes86
    PyroDes86
    ✭✭
    and tho there was no fire damage, advised it was appropriately more so my vampire infection and i was strong enough was the contributing cause to this level 40 quest killing me while i had 40+ purple gear and weapons and jewelry. im level 46.
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'd be a lot easier to help you if you provided more information. NB in purple gear doesn't mean much. Go here and then link your build. Don't know what weapons or armor you have equipped. This is the first mention that you are a vampire. Hard to advise without that info.
  • PyroDes86
    PyroDes86
    ✭✭
    im done with this, guess im stuck. more than likely may return in a few months. may not too.
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PyroDes86 wrote: »
    im done with this, guess im stuck. more than likely may return in a few months. may not too.

Sorry to hear that. You have all the rights to do so. And I can imagine the fustration and decision doing so after 8 deaths. Maybe little pause will do good.

It really is not that hard fight and not even punishing for errors. If you return later on I can link you my video of doing the fight with my DK (I know it's not NB, forgot to record NB) and Coldharbor world boss fight solo with my NB (that will show the tactics used even in Manni). Those 2 should give you the ideas and tools how to defeat that traitor with NB char.

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Frustrating as it may be, I suspect we could get you through this, @PyroDes86‌.

Is your armor enchanted as well as it can be? (Each piece in some way that compliments your base stats?)

Are you using provisioning to give you an extra boost to start?

Are you using enchanted jewelry also? (Some jewelry can have a double enchant on it)

If you'd be willing to post your full build, I'd be willing to bet we could get you past it. If you're lasting through 70 potions (assuming 10 per), you're doing something right... Just needs a little tweak.

I've other suggestions and specifics, but I don't want to get you spun up any more than you already are if you're stepping away for a bit (totally understandable if you are).

Let us know...
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is a tough fight but it is doable as a Nightblade. Hit him with Teleport Strike as much as you can to keep him stunned, Soul Tether (ultimate morphed from Soul Shred) is also very helpful.

Basically you want to both keep him stunned and use your siphoning abilities to draw as much of his health off as possible.

Crippling Grasp is also a good ability to use against Mannimarco. Don't let him get that big life steal ability to go off.

You didn't specify what type of weapon you are using either. Are you trying to kite him with a bow or are you in his face with melee? The weapon line you are using may also have some abilities that will stun him and keep him from getting the life steal cast off.
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fought Mannimarco with my NB as well, using a bow, at level 40 and with green armor with various stamina and magicka enchantments bought from merchants. I had also eaten some health-enhancing food beforehand. My tactics were pretty straightforward:

- Basic bow attacks to whittle him down, this is an endurance fight and it's a good idea to conserve stamina
    - Venom Arrow when he started up his life drain (the spell which connects you to him and drains your health), this automatically interrupts it
    - Arrow Spray for the ghosts, this took them out quickly

Aside from this, I used Swallow Soul as often as I could, to leech his health (or that of the ghosts if they were still around) and restore my own. The red circles are of two kinds; the inner circle closest to him that hurts most, and the outer circles which still hurt, but are quite survivable. You should avoid the inner circle most of all. Personally I found that running *towards* Mannimarco got me out of their range easier than running away from him but, as I said, it's the inner circle that you really have to watch out for.

[The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something definitely done wrong as he is even over level. Both my NB and DK it was max 3min fight, dunno what is considered as endurance fight. I'm guessing priority and maybe food boost has been the issue. And this is my first graphical MMO, used to play MUDs back in the days and have been quite keen to RPGs most of my life. So I'm not MMO pro in any means.

Although I do symphatise, I might have given up after 8 deaths too to up my gear or something. For me gaming needs to be fun, entertainment not 2nd job.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now, imagine if @PyroDes86 had been able to bring a guildmate with him on this quest - that as opposed to the useless companions actually would FIGHT? I am pretty certain that Zenimax would still have him as a subscriber then.
    Isn't this what's called shooting oneself in the leg, on Zenimax' part?
    Edited by AngryNord on June 30, 2014 4:38AM
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh, and @PyroDes86, I hope you send a copy of this in email to Zenimax? The more of those they get, the sooner they are going to have to see the error of their ways and either adjust the difficulty of these quests, or make them groupable.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got him with both my sorc and temp so far.

The adds are annoying, but they are fragile, probably 300-600 health each, the key is to have some AoE ready to pop them. I used impulse on my sorc, and solar barrage on my temp.

You cannot kill them one by one, they are fragile, but they hit you pretty good.

For NB, I suggest use lotus fan.

Then its just down to keep interrupting Manni when he attempts the life drain.

• GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my nightblade is 46 has mostly all purple gear and i cannot defeat him. my gear score is 1500+ at full repair. i have tried 7 times with having used 70+ potions. i cannot kill him, i am not cognisent enough for overwhelming red circles. if the vet content is like this, sadly im out, im done. a challenge is great but this is too much for me. im in tears of frustration.
    Yeah, it's a real shame the developers didn't allow cooperative play throughout the main-story instances.

It makes no sense to wall off a major chunk of an MMO's content behind forced-solo play.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you said you got purple gear and that you tried different builds, but you forgot about the most important thing that i didn't see in your thread - boss mechanic. After you master mechanics everything becomes easy. Tip youtube does exist http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W4aZeUeopk
  • LariahHunding
    LariahHunding
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been awhile since I did this quest, but the two key points are:

1. Stay out of the red circles. You must save enough stamina to roll away.
    2. Kill the adds has fast as possible.

Retreat up the steps when needed to regen.

Having a fast close like teleport strike, or the s/s or 2handed skill line helps a lot, has soon as the adds are down, close fast and, block, soul siphon, and use soul tether (or another stunning ult).
    "Give a man a sweet roll, he only has one to steal. Give him a sweet roll recipe, he have bunches to steal."

• drkeys143
    drkeys143
    ✭✭✭
    I used bow mainly, just primary attack to kite him, and venom arrow to interrupt the life stealing beam, silver shards to despatch the adds, and I had a couple of resto skills on my bar from earlier on in the game, so I equipped a resto staff for a quick heal in between.

I understand your frustration, I'm not a super gamer, though I manage ok, this was the only fight I had difficulty with up to this point, and I died quite a few times initially, but I'm not totally *** about my build, if I have to equip something I wouldn't normally use just to get over an obstacle, then I will

I'm a NB vamp with DW/Bow
    Edited by drkeys143 on July 6, 2014 9:41AM
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is a tough boss battle.
    I offer my strategy in hope of helping.
    When you enter the ring stay close to the entry between the pillars.
    Let your companions soften him up a bit.
    Block/jump etc., but staying just out of the entry funneled the adds and made them manageable.
    I'm no super-gamer either, having played exclusively on consoles until ESO.
    So if I can you can.
    And you will. :)
    It ain't easy being green.