The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Seducer Set vs. Eyes of Mara Set

boomerfan2005
boomerfan2005
Soul Shriven
First off you should know I'm a Resto Templar. At the risk of sounding like a noob I want to know why I should even bother with the Eyes of Mara Set.

Let me explain:
-the Eyes of Mara Set offers "Reduce the magicka cost of abilities by 3% when wielding a restoration staff" and that requires 5 pieces in the set to get the bonus (it also offers 80 spell resistance at 3 pieces).
-The Seducer set will "reduce the cost of spells by 3%" and that only requires 3 pieces, but at 5 pieces it also gives a leveled magicka recovery with Vr12 being 14.

The way I see it the seducer set, which is much easier to obtain (3 trait research required instead of 8 traits), doesn't require a resto staff in hand to get the bonus and also offers leveled Magicka recovery. Why would I bother with Eyes of Mara? Am I looking at this wrong??

Edit: Vocab/spelling
Edited by boomerfan2005 on July 7, 2014 12:09PM
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only think I see in this is you can benefit from both if you use a resto staff. Eyes of Mara 5 set is way too specific if you ask me tho. The 3 set is whatever too.
    Options
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do agree it's kinda weird. Only use I can see, as already said, would be benefitting from both -3% bonuses but then again that doesn't explain why Eyes of Mara requires 8 traits and Seducer only 3.
    Options
  • shadowz081
    shadowz081
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah ZOS didn't think things through when making the eyes of Mara's set...
    Options
  • RangerChad
    RangerChad
    ✭✭✭
    If you could dual wield restoration staff, you could use both! Or is there enough slots already? ( I cannot remember) Lol
    Edited by RangerChad on July 10, 2014 2:38PM
    Options
  • Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    RangerChad wrote: »
    If you could dual wield restoration staff, you could use both! Or is there enough slots already? ( I cannot remember) Lol

Nop. There are 9 crafted slots, 8 if you use staff.
    Options
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you reviewed the changes on PST with those sets?
    Options
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope you havnt wasted upgrade mats now.. It´s just bad..
    Options
  • boomerfan2005
    boomerfan2005
    Soul Shriven
    I haven't made them yet since I'm currently on vacation, but I'm beginning to the think Eyes of Mara is a waste.
    Options