The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Crazy Lag Since Last Patch

teratyab14_ESO
teratyab14_ESO
Soul Shriven
The game has been rendered virtually unplayable after the last patch. I have never experienced much lag or issues like it up until the last patch.

Now when playing in Rivenspire the game lags so badly that I continue to die via phantom mobs.

It is to the point now that I cannot play the game. I have waited a week or so to see if other patches have come out, or if it might have just been my internet connection, but each time I have logged back in the issue continues.

I have not updated, changed, downloaded anything new, or added any new mods to the game, so I dont really know where to start or what I can do.

Any help or advice will be appreciated.
  • Qutayba
    Qutayba
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having the same issue. And before someone says something about graphics cards, it's not a graphical issue, FPS is fine. My toon can waltz around, go to new places (not through a loading door, obviously), and flames and mobs animate. I can also pull up menus and inventory with no graphical lag (Although I can't actually choose anything). I can even chat - everything is smooth on my end. However, mobs don't actually move or attack, and input keys do nothing - the server is not responding. 20% of the time, the server catches up in a rush, but most the time I have to control alt delete, log back in, and discover my dead self. I seem to experience this in clumps - it might go for 2 hours without incident, and then I'll get 4 crashes in a half hour.
  • teratyab14_ESO
    teratyab14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Each time I login it happens within 10 minutes, and I am done.