The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Snipe working as intended???

LunaRae
LunaRae
✭✭✭✭
Not sure if this is intended or not, does anyone else notice this?

If you start casting Snipe and then CANCEL the animation, done by pressing block briefly, you can take NO ACTIONS until the Snipe animation which you've already canceled actually finishes, and does nothing anyways. I can't mark target, I can't attack, I can't do anything but move.

This is so annoying in PVP because often times you want to get the perfect set up, which requires patience. I may decide to open with Snipe (pre-mark) and half way through the animation my team mates might see another opening and want me to mark target instantly - so my intent is to cancel my snipe and proceed to Mark, but I can't. I just get to sit there and make it look like I'm bad at the game.

Are there other weapon abilities that have cast times that behave like this? Is this normal? I hope not, cause it sucks :disappointed:
Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also noticed when my nightblade was set up with bows that if you fire off snipe (so the arrows are actually in flight towards your target) and then swap weapon bars, the snipe will deal no damage. It's like it cancels the attack even after it's gone off and used your stamina because it isnt on your weapon bar anymore.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also happens to me i have to wait for snipe to land to take next action
    Options
  • LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_AlanG‌ - you're the first green I see in the weapon subforum (sorry :wink:). Any chance this can get looked at? I know Snipe recently got some love but it needs some polishing now before moving on to other weapon abilities that are in desperate need of attention.

It's so frequently that I cancel my snipe (vision loss, new orders, number of enemies increases and I don't want to engage, etc...) and then I can't do anything :neutral_face: thanks to Lynx mentioning another problem I had never noticed, happens less frequently for me but that explains the very few times where I let a snipe off and want to run away it ends up doing 0 damage.
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2
    Options