The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Kind of multiclass

miniotaur
miniotaur
Soul Shriven
Hi guys,
Do you think it's possible for my templar to know both heavy armor + two handed and medium armor + dual wield at the same time?

Will I have enough skill points to be good at both categories?
Will I lose something if I chose to level both of them?

Regards,
Minio
  • emeraldbay
    emeraldbay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's entirely possible. There are quite a few skill points (upwards of 200, and counting), so the only possible downside is that they'll both level a bit slower than if you just focused on one.

Edit: My templar went from heavy armor + dual wield to medium/light + dual wield after my heavy armor skill hit max, so it's definitely possible.
    Edited by emeraldbay on July 8, 2014 9:30AM
  • miniotaur
    miniotaur
    Soul Shriven
    If it will only take longer that's not a problem, I will simply have fun longer :-D
    Thanks for help, I'm switching armors today :-D
  • drkeys143
    drkeys143
    ✭✭✭
    Just as an aside, I use the Wykkyd Outfitter add on, you can have a different set of armour and different weapons and skills to go with them, then change them on the fly (obviously not while in combat), but any other time you choose, just select your heavy load-out and switch over.

I don't use it that often, as I try to stay faithful to my preferred build (vamp NB with med armour, DW and Bow, but it can be useful sometimes. Only thing is, Zeni patches mess it up, you have to save both your builds into it again :)

Edited to correct iphone spell corrector :)
    Edited by drkeys143 on July 8, 2014 9:46AM
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    drkeys143 wrote: »
    Just as an aside, I use the Wykkyd Outfitter add on, you can have a different set of armour and different weapons and skills to go with them, then change them on the fly (obviously not while in combat), but any other time you choose, just select your heavy load-out and switch over.

I don't use it that often, as I try to stay faithful to my preferred build (vamp NB with med armour, DW and Bow, but it can be useful sometimes. Only thing is, Zeni patches mess it up, you have to save both your builds into it again :)

Edited to correct iphone spell corrector :)
    That's the fundamental fail of ZOS decision to release a console-centric UI and expect add-on writers to make something vaguely similar to what PC players expect .. the add-ons break and often the writers have moved on and the thing gets abandoned.

ZOS should have implemented a modern PC UI: FFXIV shows how to build a game with UIs that are applicable to both PC and consoles separately.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I actually change between 4 NB builds and I love it
    1.S&B+RESTO TANK for dungeon. My favorite and probably most optimal build
    2.Dual resto single target DPS/Heals for dungeons- I use it when there is someone else who wants to tank.
    3.S&B+RESTO healer for playing in sieges in PVP
    4.Destro+resto AOE build for PVP.

I have all crafting skills maxed and running on the same character also.

There are more than 300 skill points in the game so with a little planing and If you are careful not to waste points you can get a very versatile character.

This is for end game though at lower levels It can get rough if you do not concentrate a bit on some builds.
    Edited by PBpsy on July 8, 2014 1:56PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)