The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nightblades, Vampires and the Night's Silence set bonus

andyjunction_ESO
andyjunction_ESO
Soul Shriven
I reluctantly made my NB a vampire solely for the hidden movement speed increase. I chose the Night's Silence bonus set to mitigate the health regen loss from being a vampire.

When I saw the set bonus had been changed to "increase speed while sneaking by 220%" I was excited because I thought I'd be able to cure my vampirism and keep the movement speed or at least be in the same ball park.

Instead I now have severely gimped health regen and I'm still stuck being a vampire because the new set bonus doesn't work. It does absolutely nothing. So I haven't been playing him since the set bonus was changed (and broken). He's my favorite toon by far but VR content was already hard enough. Now even if can beat a pack of 3 mobs I have to wait around for what seems like an eternity after every fight for my health to regen to full. Not acceptable.

I'm begging, pleading, for some word on this at least. I'm not here demanding you "fix this now!" or anything. But I do feel like I deserve to at least know if it's being looked at. Is it really supposed to be 220%? Seems high. Was the change intended to allow players that movement speed increase without being a vampire? Seems logical.

Please help me out. I know I can't be the only one in this boat.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    Could we get some feedback on what is going on with this recent set change?
    Since 1.2.3 the Night's Silence crafted set has had its 3 piece bonus changed to say that it increases stealth speed by 220% but does not have any noticeable impact on stealth.
    Was this change a wording error, or is it a broken update to the set?

Any insight would be appreciated.
    Edited by Samadhi on June 30, 2014 7:10PM
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
    Options
  • ebondeath
    ebondeath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a non-vampire, it feels faster to me, though I can't prove that with anything besides my own eyesight. I was under the impression that it doesn't stack with Dark Stalker or whatever the vamp speed increase is called?
    ╔═════════════⌈Alannah Corvaine⌋══════════════╗
    Rise, rise! To freedom, rise! Arise, ye Breton sons and daughters.
    Ride, ride! To freedom, ride! Truth and glory to the brave!
    ╚═════════════⌊VR 12 Breton NB⌉══════════════╝
    Options
  • andyjunction_ESO
    andyjunction_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I crafted 3 pieces for the movement bonus and put it on a bank mule. Absolutely no change. I can post video.
    Options
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ebondeath wrote: »
    As a non-vampire, it feels faster to me, though I can't prove that with anything besides my own eyesight. I was under the impression that it doesn't stack with Dark Stalker or whatever the vamp speed increase is called?

it doesn't work, tested with and without can... i mean vampirism.
    i can also bet it's ment to read 20% not 220%, most likely a typo
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now even if can beat a pack of 3 mobs I have to wait around for what seems like an eternity after every fight for my health to regen to full. Not acceptable.

Personally i solved this by having a restoration staff as my secondary weapon, and pop rapid regeneration after fight.

Another alternative is to use reaper's mark - it gives a huge heal after you kill the marked target.

And even another, for humanoid mobs - since you are a nightblade vampire, before finishing off that last opponent, cloak, get behind him, and use vampire feed (X) - this will heal you to full, then finish him off.
    ebondeath wrote: »

I created a brand new character and made him a set of level 4 might's silence just to test this(and eliminate possible conflicts with skills, vamp bonuses etc.) - the 3 part set bonus does absolutely nothing atm.
    Options
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay vampire and grab the 3 piece Vampires Kiss set which gives you 50% more health regen for 8 seconds after killing an enemy. I've used both VK and NS (pre change) and got more utility out of VK because you get that boost WHILE fighting that 3 pack (after killing the first mob).
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Using a stopwatch, from one defined point to another.

Normal sneak speed: 43 seconds

3 piece Night's Silence ("220% sneak speed"): 42.5 seconds

Non-equiped, but Concealed Weapon (25% stealthed move speed) slotted: 36.5 seconds

5 piece Shadow Dancer's Raiment (no stealth move penalty): 25 Seconds

3 piece Night's Silence definitely isn't doing what is stated in description.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Options
  • yelloweyedemon
    yelloweyedemon
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for creating this thread. I was certain that it was a typo when I first saw it, but after talking with someone on the forums he mentioned that 220% of the sneak speed (50%) results to 110% which does not seem overkill. But if it stacks with either Shadow Dancer's set or Dark Stalker (vampire) it is far too over the top.

I hope that they keep 220% and make it NOT stack with either of those two.

Also I would swap places between 3 and 5 set bonus. 220% sneak speed is far more powerfull than 5% weapon crit.
    Options
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only guess that it's supposed to be 22% or 20%, however, no one from ZOS will confirm that, only that it 'may' (their words) not be working and that it is a UI issue (another one of those 'UI' issues eh?). The change was not even in the original 1.2.3 patch notes, nor could this change be deduced from the PTS, as templates have no craft skills or traits available.

So, who knows? :#
    Edited by Worstluck on June 30, 2014 9:16PM
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire's Kiss and Song of Lamae are what my Vampires wear. Both sets give you useful buffs.
    Options
  • andyjunction_ESO
    andyjunction_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I guess I could craft a new set of armor and change up my playstyle because of this mistake made by someone else but I really shouldn't have to.
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If this set were actually functioning as the tooltip states, I would be quite pleased to use it.
    Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just checked on both a Vampire NB and non-Vampire NB, neither with Concealed Weapon on the bar. The Vampire has Dark Stalker passive, the non-Vampire isn't wearing the Shadow Dancer set. There was no change to Sneak speed whatsoever. I'm filing this in the "oops tool tip bug bin". Besides the bonus this set is supposed to give is quite nice for players, not sure why ZoS would decide to change it, not tell anyone, have a ridiculous bonus amount (+220%), and have it not actually work all at the same time lol.
    Edited by DeLindsay on July 2, 2014 2:26AM
    Options
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't even heard if it was intentional. Gina chimed in about it in a thread and then vanished.
    Edited by Arsenic_Touch on July 2, 2014 2:32AM
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
    Options
  • Mablung
    Mablung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I crafted this set for myself when I first became a vampire and the health regen buff did not work then (May). At least it did not reflect a change on the character sheet.

I use reapers mark. You have to be careful though because the debuff can get you killed pretty fast.
    Options
  • Padhraigh
    Padhraigh
    ✭✭✭
    The speed bonus is supposed to be 60% and is scheduled for a fix with update 3.
    PC - EU - EP
    Relic Hunter
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Padhraigh wrote: »
    The speed bonus is supposed to be 60% and is scheduled for a fix with update 3.

Source link?
    Options
  • Padhraigh
    Padhraigh
    ✭✭✭
    My bad,

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/114301/night-s-silence-set-bonus-broken

"ZOS_GinaBruno

Thanks everyone, this is scheduled to be fixed (both the tooltip and the bonus itself) when we release Update 3. For the record, the correct stealth bonus is 60% and not 220%."
    PC - EU - EP
    Relic Hunter
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ty much for the link, and can someone that's smarter than me do the math on a 60% bonus? IIRC it stacks cumulatively meaning it's +60% on the penalty speed, which is something like 20% of normal and if that's right +60% would only gain you 12 to make 32% of the normal 100%?

Normal speed = 100%
    Sneak penalty = 20%? (of 100%)
    +60% bonus = 20 +60% = 12
    Sneak speed with set = 32%?
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    Ty much for the link, and can someone that's smarter than me do the math on a 60% bonus? IIRC it stacks cumulatively meaning it's +60% on the penalty speed, which is something like 20% of normal and if that's right +60% would only gain you 12 to make 32% of the normal 100%?

Normal speed = 100%
    Sneak penalty = 20%? (of 100%)
    +60% bonus = 20 +60% = 12
    Sneak speed with set = 32%?

I'd really be interested to know how the bonus will actually calculate as well.
    Options
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My son runs a fully specced out VR2 NB Vampire and his sneak is as fast as my quick sorc's normal run. The quick sorc has Steed and other buffs and really is fast. With enough magic to stay invisible and uber stealth, he can go pretty near anywhere he wants, then attack them from behind, he's like that, a true NB.
    Options