The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Enchanting - No inspiration anymore when deconstructing v10-12 looted runes ?

framatcheb17_ESO
framatcheb17_ESO
Soul Shriven
Hi everybody,

I am Vet12, Enchanter level 20.
I usually receive inspiration when deconstructing looted vet10-12 white runes.
But I tried a few minutes ago and I got 0 inspiration

Am I doing something wrong or is it a hidden patch effect ?
Do I need to deconstruct 20+ runes instead to get more inspiration ?
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just deconstructed a white glyph, got inspiration just fine. Might be an UI issue for you (i know the xp bars in general are acting wonky, when i dinged vet5 recently i got the usual fireworks graphics on my toon but the UI still showed vet4 until i relogged)
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't have any problems with deconstructing looted glyphs yesterday. As above poster suggested might be a UI problem, you should try relogging back in to see if that fixes it.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Bounee
    Bounee
    Week ago (before last patch) I also encountered that, when i deconstructed 5 glyphs in the row i got no experiences. I wrote down my current inspiration in that moment. I made relog and after that my experience was the same as before relog. BUT i got inspiration from the same type of glyphs after this action normaly.
    So, when deconstructing my advice always watch your skill bar.
    Edited by Bounee on June 27, 2014 11:53AM
  • Food4Thought
    Food4Thought
    ✭✭✭
    Bounee wrote: »
    Week ago (before last patch) I also encountered that, when i deconstructed 5 glyphs in the row i got no experiences. I wrote down my current inspiration in that moment. I made relog and after that my experience was the same as before relog. BUT i got inspiration from the same type of glyphs after this action normaly.
    So, when deconstructing my advice always watch your skill bar.

Very good advice. Especially with enchanting. The other skill lines, if you don't gain inspiration it is no big loss. But with enchanting it is like a knife to the gut. It already takes for ever to gain a level in this profession.
  • framatcheb17_ESO
    framatcheb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Ok I retried

I only have the problem with vet10-12 looted white runes, i got them in Raiderlorn.
    I receive 0 inspiration and unfortunately log/relog changed nothing.

I tried crafted from another character, from looted white vet3-5, etc and for them I receive Inspiration directly as expected.

But the looted vet10-12 white, nothing.
    Before patch I was receiving something I am sure.
    Log/relog did nothing, i'll see tomorrow if long disconnect time fix it afterward.
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bug it...not sure what else to do.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • framatcheb17_ESO
    framatcheb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    So nobody else have the problem with v10-12 runes ?
  • rotatorkuf
    rotatorkuf
    ✭✭✭
    yeap

zero xp from deconning looted v10-12 runes

they thought enchanting wasn't hard enough already apparently
  • DivZero
    DivZero
    ✭✭✭
    same here...just stockpiling monumental glyphs until its fixed.44 points enchanting atm and 1 mule filled with glyphs.
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looted VR10-12 give no XP.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, thanks for the report! To be clear, the exact issue is that you aren't able to gain inspiration when extracting glyphs that are VR 11 and 12. We're already testing a fix for this, and plan to roll it out soon.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I reported this issue using the in-game /bug feature almost a month ago and it still isn't fixed? What's the point of the /bug feature if it is a waste of time to use it?
    Edited by LonePirate on June 30, 2014 6:21PM
  • subecsanur
    subecsanur
    ✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Just deconstructed a white glyph, got inspiration just fine. Might be an UI issue for you (i know the xp bars in general are acting wonky, when i dinged vet5 recently i got the usual fireworks graphics on my toon but the UI still showed vet4 until i relogged)

UI issues still existing after 1.2.4.?
  • subecsanur
    subecsanur
    ✭✭✭
    With the amount that drops we are still holding on to these VR11 - 12 glyphs, and yes still no return in exp on deconstruct.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to make these glyphs drop more often. Been running all over farming runes and killing everything and no glyph drops. For God's sake Zos fix this............You make it extremely difficult to level this craft but won't give us the items to grind it out unless you exploit in craglorn or dungeons.............come on! Always the sploiters that win and get the rewards..........so tired of it. Been grinding enchantment the right way from the beginning and still only level 31 from looted decon and crafting my own. Tired of waiting for that partner that just so happens to have the right level to trade me for decon............This is bs. Oh and not to mention the places where I usually farm the runes running up and down all day long, have seemed to stop spawning. Nobody else around but me and runes are not spawning. Guess the recent patches broke this as well.............
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Lady D, It's always good to vent here, but be sure you /bug this in game if you feel that its broken.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, bother. Thanks for posting, OP. I'll save my VR 12 glyphs until this is fixed.
  • framatcheb17_ESO
    framatcheb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven

where I usually farm the runes running up and down all day long, have seemed to stop spawning. Nobody else around but me and runes are not spawning. Guess the recent patches broke this as well.............

You confirm the impression I also got. I found a relatively small spot with let's say 5-6 runes places and even chest but since a few days all those things seems to respawn much more slowly than before.

VR11-12 bugged, cool that confirm and explain why 1 or 2 still worked and then other did not, they where V10 probably.
    I moved my farm spot in previous maps to get the v7-9