The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stuck on "Requesting Character Load..." screen

jopsomer
jopsomer
Soul Shriven
Since the latest patch, I can login fine, but I get stuck repeatedly at the "Requesting Character Load..." screen at the next step. I've waited 30 minutes one time without effect, and since then I just quit the game, relaunch it and try to log in a character again. After anything from 2-10 times (taking up to 15 minutes), I finally manage to log in, and it is almost instantaneous in that case. This happens on two different machines (recent macs, enough RAM, fully updated OS, etc). Anyone know a workaround for this that does not involve repeated relogging? Thanks!

Quick update: I also now often get booted ("An unknown error occurred") when I enter a new zone, which did not use to happen.
Edited by jopsomer on July 3, 2014 9:53AM
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    jopsomer wrote: »
    Since the latest patch, I can login fine, but I get stuck repeatedly at the "Requesting Character Load..." screen at the next step. I've waited 30 minutes one time without effect, and since then I just quit the game, relaunch it and try to log in a character again. After anything from 2-10 times (taking up to 15 minutes), I finally manage to log in, and it is almost instantaneous in that case. This happens on two different machines (recent macs, enough RAM, fully updated OS, etc). Anyone know a workaround for this that does not involve repeated relogging? Thanks!

Quick update: I also now often get booted ("An unknown error occurred") when I enter a new zone, which did not use to happen.
    It may just be some issue with login server/ connection to it which can give a similar error. Have you disabled ALL addons which can cause issues after patches/ updates?

Otherwise try a Repair of the install from the Launcher > Game Options menu and see if it fixes any potential issue with it. I don't have this problem myself and not seen it posted otherwise.

You could also try rebooting your router and Mac.
    Edited by Moonraker on July 3, 2014 12:59PM
  • jopsomer
    jopsomer
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the pointers, and for telling me it appears to be on my end. I don't have any addons and I did try the repair, but to no avail. I am traveling, however, so this might be a hotel-related problem. If I still have it at home, I'll file a ticket. Thanks again!
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    jopsomer wrote: »
    Thanks for the pointers, and for telling me it appears to be on my end. I don't have any addons and I did try the repair, but to no avail. I am traveling, however, so this might be a hotel-related problem. If I still have it at home, I'll file a ticket. Thanks again!
    Could well be the travelling and various firewall settings etc. Also it will tend to request authentication code sent via email when logging from a new location which may also be a factor.

Happy to help ;)