The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stop the hacking in Cyrodiil fast or I'm gone

Silowyi
Silowyi
✭✭✭
I imagine there are a number of people who will see the title to this thread and come here ready to thrash me as a troll, but I'm not. In fact, I'm the last person to whine about games. I love this game, bugs and all, I understand it takes time to weed out bugs in a game this expansive. I subbed as long as they allowed and would have subbed longer, so this is not a whine about Zenimax or ESO.

I am all for allowing a business time to polish what needs to be polished. What I CANNOT tolerate is allowing open and excessive cheating. The speed hacks on Auriel's Bow plus the other hacks that prevent doing damage are ridiculous.

To be fair, I'm not going to say which side I'm on because if there are hacks I'm going to guess they aren't only used by one side. I would report my own people. It's just wrong. Capturing a scroll and moving it across the map in 30 seconds is not how the game was played. Having people run around you in circles so fast you can't spin to keep up is not as intended. People perpetually impervious to any damage is not as intended. Reporting does nothing.

The solution.... shut down PvP and fix it. There are reasons "some" people have ridiculously high scores after 3 days. I'm sure some are legit, but it's just crazy. I'm sure the devs can log into PvP and watch it... fix it.

I am 100% willing to pay money for a game that has flaws, bugs, whatever as long as the company is honestly trying to fix them. I, for one, will NOT pay for a company that allows rampant cheating, doesn't speak out against it, doesn't take an aggressive stance to stop it, and allows people to do it with impunity.

Bugs are one thing, cheating is another. I implore you to do something because those of us who are loyal and willing to wait out bugs will not tolerate the brazen cheating. Step one is I'd like to see a public statement condemning it and issuing a zero tolerance policy. Step two is enforcing it. Step three is fixing it. If you do the first 2 you have time to fix it because those 2 steps will slow it down.

I don't expect to be heard, I'm already mentally assuming my cry for help will be lost upon the wind and usher in the phase of seeking a new home. I want to stay here a long time... show me you want me to stay. Don't let cheaters rule and ruin your/our game.

Maybe I'm alone in this...
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bye.
  • Silowyi
    Silowyi
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for using your insincerity to bump the thread, much appreciated.
    Edited by Silowyi on June 30, 2014 6:44AM
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They deleted my thread about this. So don't expect too much.
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • Silowyi
    Silowyi
    ✭✭✭
    Slash8915 wrote: »
    They deleted my thread about this. So don't expect too much.

Wow that's sad and speaks volumes... I can see how not wanting people cheating is such a bad thing, I guess we should just shut up and accept it as ok behavior.

• dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is one guy on my camp that does not log out.. He is played by multiple people.. Awesome since no one on our side will ever get emp cause this guy.. #yay..
  • Silowyi
    Silowyi
    ✭✭✭
    dcincali wrote: »
    There is one guy on my camp that does not log out.. He is played by multiple people.. Awesome since no one on our side will ever get emp cause this guy.. #yay..

That's frustrating but not really cheating. I don't care if I never make empress by non-cheating methods, I'm just tired of the hackers ruining it and I refuse to do what they do for an even playing field.

• Nickers
    Nickers
    ✭✭
    I agree, bump.
    Faction:AD
    Server: NA Megaserver
    Campaign: WabbaJack
    Guild: DCREW
  • ArcanusMagus
    ArcanusMagus
    ✭✭✭
    I'm being camped at the northern Morrowind spawn point camp on Bloodthorn by two dc. One of them even managed to get further northwest than I'm even able to get to and is raining down arrows whenever he gets a target. I reported both of them over 30 minutes ago. Nothing. Not a thing. This is totally unacceptable, Zenimax. I am a paying customer and I demand, yes demand, that this be fixed and the offenders removed.

Update: about an hour and a half after reporting these guys ingame, they are still at it

Update: two hours later they are still at it
    Edited by ArcanusMagus on June 30, 2014 9:53AM
    Arcanus Magus
    Chrysamere Pact
  • Jarnhand
    Jarnhand
    ✭✭✭
    People are clearly using hacks/cheats should have their chars deleted, period.
    If they repeated cheating on other chars, they should have their account banned, period.

Zenimax need to wake up and closely monitor cheating and exploiting, this should be VERY easy to monitor in a brand new MMO (set up filters for watching movement speed for example, then use god mode to watch what is going on).

We already see the problem now in PvP because Zenimax hasnt banned people earlier for exploiting, the whole weekend we had enemies port to the starting safe areas in Cyrodiil, and Zenimax do nothing.

If they do not start to act soon, it tells the community cheating in ESO is ok, and you will not get punished for doing so. And then its a very steep fall down into a forgotten laughed at MMO, filled with cheaters and exploiters.
  • Qumulous
    Qumulous
    ✭✭✭
    In EQ when they cracked down on the hackers (10yrs in) they realized how much money they would actually lose. So many people play multiple accounts and use hacks to run afk exp stuff etc. So they handed out 3 day suspensions constantly. If you kept getting caught you did get banned and most were appealed and let back in to play.

SWTOR if you didn't have hardcore proof of people cheating the community would roast you on the boards, and it carried onto the servers. But you can change your name in that game to avoid that kind of BS.
  • g4m5t3r_ESO
    g4m5t3r_ESO
    ✭✭
    Silowyi wrote: »
    That's frustrating but not really cheating.

Maybe not hax but against the terms nonetheless
    While we're at it, can we water down the coffee. It's way OP...
  • njowoweb17_ESO
    mmos been like this long time ago...*** everywhere is what i know
    decent people laugh at it,dont bother,just move on...let company* worry
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive seen one guy/girl on Auriels Bow using speedhacks, I reported twice, I have no idea if he got caught etc...

Its sad.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're aware of the wayshrine issue and they're working on a fix. I actually spawned myself at an enemy wayshrine by accident - I died, clicked the nearest forward camp, and spawned right on the enemy gate wayshrine, discovering it as a location. Uhm. There's some bugs here.

Regarding 'demanding' this be fixed now - there's still exploits in the game which have been reported here since 2013 (e.g. Dragonknight chain pulling people up keep walls, to steal scrolls).
  • subecsanur
    subecsanur
    ✭✭✭
    As with everything after a disastrous patch, wait till Monday and maybe we will fix it.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    subecsanur wrote: »
    As with everything after a disastrous patch, wait till Monday and maybe we will fix it.
    *Break other things instead
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • g4m5t3r_ESO
    g4m5t3r_ESO
    ✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    *Break other things instead

99 bugs in the code on the wall...
    you know the rest.
    While we're at it, can we water down the coffee. It's way OP...
  • ArcanusMagus
    ArcanusMagus
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding 'demanding' this be fixed now - there's still exploits in the game which have been reported here since 2013 (e.g. Dragonknight chain pulling people up keep walls, to steal scrolls).

This is no excuse. It only reflects very poorly on ZOS.

I don't fault them for bugs, though. Bugs happen. I do fault them for not dealing with the exploiters and hackers. That is entirely on ZOS. ZOS has let this continue for far too long without even so much as a statement condemning it. Indeed, they're "investigating" it as a "grey area." Rubbish.
    Arcanus Magus
    Chrysamere Pact
  • ArcanusMagus
    ArcanusMagus
    ✭✭✭
    I just logged in again to see if the exploiters were still in the spawn camp on Bloodthorn. One was, and it was the first I reported. He did send me a /whisper to crow about getting away with it, though. This went on for at least three hours this morning. GG, ZOS.
    Arcanus Magus
    Chrysamere Pact
  • KarriL
    KarriL
    mod
    Greetings @Silowyi,

Demands and threats are not tolerated on the forum. This is why we are now closing the thread.

Please take the time to read the community rules of the forum.

Note that if you believe you have witnessed hacking or cheating in any way, you should report them directly in-game so that we can investigate.

We thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • KarriL
    KarriL
    mod
    [Moderator Note:

Greetings!

We have closed this thread per our rules on Trolling or Baiting.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.