The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Access Denied, Repair, Download 26GB again

pixmation
pixmation
Soul Shriven
Everytime there is a patch, large or small. The Launcher will produce Access Denied Error and need to Repair which result in download the entire game all over and verify. That will take a good 4-8 hours. This getting tiresome.

Running 10.9.3, 32GB RAM, Mac Pro Early 2009.

• pixmation
    pixmation
    Soul Shriven
    Ran Launch patch with both normal user and admin user, still the same error. Also the ZeniMax Online folder permission is everyone read and write.

Last week patch didn't finish until the next day afternoon and I have a 50Mb download speed.
    Edited by pixmation on June 30, 2014 5:41PM
    We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @pixmation,

We have created a ticket for you. Our team will be in touch as soon as possible to help you.
    They will contact you directly via email.

Thank you for your patience.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    pixmation wrote: »
    Everytime there is a patch, large or small. The Launcher will produce Access Denied Error and need to Repair which result in download the entire game all over and verify. That will take a good 4-8 hours. This getting tiresome.

Running 10.9.3, 32GB RAM, Mac Pro Early 2009.
    If it is a dual CPU Mac Pro they are not officially supported in ESO Mac client currently as noted in the Mac Known Issues sticky here.

Having said that quite a few players do use the older Mac Pro so there may be some other issue.

Is your install on the default hard drive on your Mac? or on another partition or hard drive?

Try creating a new Account with admin access and running the Launcher from there which can at least check if it is some issue with your User account permissions.

Are you using a private internet connection or a shared one i.e. college network etc.?

Have you tried fully uninstalling the client and re-downloading to rule out any data corruption or trying to replace any messed up version files?
    Edited by Moonraker on July 2, 2014 1:53PM
  • pixmation
    pixmation
    Soul Shriven
    I will try with new admin account to apply the patch and see what happen. Then will try to have a clean new install.

With last week's major patch, during the peak hours (early evening PST time zone), the download speed was horrible, from 6-10pm, download speed was around 100kb/s and it ramped back up after midnight. I started the patch download around 8pm and didn't finish the entire patch until around 2am in the morning. During that time, I ran speed test on my connection and was still around 30-40Mb/s.

It's a shared internet but there is no restriction.

• Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    pixmation wrote: »
    I will try with new admin account to apply the patch and see what happen. Then will try to have a clean new install.

With last week's major patch, during the peak hours (early evening PST time zone), the download speed was horrible, from 6-10pm, download speed was around 100kb/s and it ramped back up after midnight. I started the patch download around 8pm and didn't finish the entire patch until around 2am in the morning. During that time, I ran speed test on my connection and was still around 30-40Mb/s.

It's a shared internet but there is no restriction.
    Sometimes the connection is slow though it tends to pick up after an Update has been posted for some hours.

The update data is seeded across a CDN so it may take longer for some localised seeds to be completed, or more localised bottlenecks to regional servers which can also impact downloads. it's not all from the same server.

It's slower than your normal download but then even full download I am maxed at 264 Kb/sec the 4GB update takes over 4 hours. Install takes me over 32 hours ^^

Hope the suggestions help.