Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Volcanic Rune VS. Scalding Rune

Rebel230
Rebel230
✭✭
I am a VR1 DK, fire mage DPS caster type build. I am able to morph fire rune but I am not sure what to get. Can anyone with experience in the 2 morphs offer some insight as to good/ bad etc? I am mostly a PVE player who solo's a lot. Thank you
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Rebel230 wrote: »
    I am a VR1 DK, fire mage DPS caster type build. I am able to morph fire rune but I am not sure what to get. Can anyone with experience in the 2 morphs offer some insight as to good/ bad etc? I am mostly a PVE player who solo's a lot. Thank you

cheep cc or nice damage boost
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are a class without much CC, Volcanic Rune is critical. It is AoE CC available to all players. If you already have decent CC, Scalding Rune would be better for the extra DoT. It takes 10 seconds, but I think it nearly doubles the damage compared to Volcanic Rune (I am not sure - I took Volcanic Rune because I am a Templar with little in the way of CC class skills).
    Options
  • Mortosk
    Mortosk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    If you are a class without much CC, Volcanic Rune is critical. It is AoE CC available to all players. If you already have decent CC, Scalding Rune would be better for the extra DoT. It takes 10 seconds, but I think it nearly doubles the damage compared to Volcanic Rune (I am not sure - I took Volcanic Rune because I am a Templar with little in the way of CC class skills).

I thought it only effected the first mob to enter the circle? I have not morphed it yet because I'd like clarification on this. I'm also a templar looking for a little extra CC. Currently, Invasion (1h shield) is the only thing I have really and the last biting jab which is a very small stun. I also have a fire staff equipped as second weapon and can knock back with Fire Touch, but thinking bout dropping that ability.
    "Now I stand, the lion before the lambs and they do not fear. They can not fear." --Arthas Menethil (aka, The Lich King)
    Options
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first mob to enter triggers it... but all in range are jumping high up into the air and are knocked down.
    Cast it in a crowd and watch them flying... ;)
    Options
  • jodyren
    jodyren
    Soul Shriven
    You can also use it to knock people of walls. I have gotten a few kills just by stealthing up to walls and casting it and knocking people to their death.
    Also Flame reach is great on bridges where throwing people of is instant death due to fish and you get all the points. Feel like Im giving secretes away but in a good(drunk) mood
    Options
  • Sleepydan
    Sleepydan
    ✭✭✭
    What do you have more trouble with, packs of weaker enemies or "boss type" enemies.

If your problem is packs, get volcanic rune.

If boss type monsters are your problem, get scalding
    Options
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy Volcanic Rune of my Sorcerer, but I'm thinking of using Scalding on my DK, purely because Talons is an extremely decent CC spell and the extra DPS is always welcome.
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not meaning to necro an old thread, but I think on my sorc I'm going to go with scalding rune.

since I have encase, rune prison, and daedric mines on the dark magic tree I have plenty of crowd control.

perhaps lay scalding rune, then cast elemental blockade to pull mobs into the rune for a nice burst of aoe damage?
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options