The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Soul Assault buff after 1.2.4?

supernico
supernico
✭✭✭
Does it look like Soul Assault can no longer be purged, or it's just the lag?
Supernico - VR14 DragonKnight - Daggerfall Covenant - Former Emperor

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not seeing anything hit me..i stay in hide and watch my comrades battle invisi foes. I run in and cast spells..I hit ppl but then die and see I had been hit with soul assault and a slew of other spells which I never saw by enemies who were never seen.
    Edited by Tintinabula on June 30, 2014 11:02PM
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you can purge a channeled spell.
  • supernico
    supernico
    ✭✭✭
    Shaun98ca2 wrote: »
    I don't think you can purge a channeled spell.

Soul Assault could be purged before yesterday (before patch 1.2.4), but today it's either buffed, as in can't be purged anymore, or I have too much lag and I can't purge it in time. I am not sure though, haven't had a chance to test it.

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait... it could be purged before? If so I have died so many needless deaths...
    Edited by Turelus on June 30, 2014 11:12PM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • supernico
    supernico
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

it also can be "Purify-ed". Or at least could.

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    supernico wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »

it also can be "Purify-ed". Or at least could.
    Interesting. Learn something new every day, although if the changes you say are true I seem to have learnt too late.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not seeing anything hit me..i stay in hide and watch my comrades battle invisi foes. I run in and cast spells..I hit ppl but then die and see I had been hit with soul assault and a slew of other spells which I never saw by enemies who were never seen.

Welcome to PvP post 1.2.3!

Today, during the 30 minutes I could bring myself to play, I was stealthing along... then fell over dead! There was no loss of health, there wasn't any dmg taken noise or animation... just insta-death. The screen recap pops up and I see that one enemy has hit me with light melee attacks until I died!?

As I'm trying to figure out what had happened... the noises of my char being attacked start playing, lol, well over 30 seconds after my death...

I figure I must have been followed by an enemy who wasn't rendered due to the low fps...

This is now common. Today's patch was supposed to fix it. It hasn't.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ouch
  • Morticielle
    Morticielle
    ✭✭✭
    Grim13 wrote: »
    I was stealthing along... then fell over dead!
    That's the way I wanna go, if my time comes. You should be thankful to Zenimax, that your char hadn't to suffer. ;)
    Lady Morticielle d'Aragòn |VR12| Sorcerer | PvP Rank 21 (Major Grade I) | EU-Megaserver | AD

Subscription cancelled due to the following facts:

- Zenimax implements more bugs from patch to patch
    - Zenimax does not care about the increasing instability of the game. People have more and more crashes Fix of memory bug decreased number of crashes considerably
    - Zenimax has still not fully fixed the fps drops they (!) implemented with patch1.2.3
    - Zenimax does nothing to fix the massive ability lags in PvP
    - Zenimax gives more attention to unnecassary 'content' like dyes for armors than fixing issues
    - In patchnotes Zenimax lies about bugs allegedly fixed
    - Zenimax has no plan as to how balance population in Cyrodiil campaigns
    - Support is ineffective and does not even speak in a way one can linguistically understand

• Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭

Today, during the 30 minutes I could bring myself to play, I was stealthing along... then fell over dead! There was no loss of health, there wasn't any dmg taken noise or animation... just insta-death. The screen recap pops up and I see that one enemy has hit me with light melee attacks until I died!?

As I'm trying to figure out what had happened... the noises of my char being attacked start playing, lol, well over 30 seconds after my death...

I figure I must have been followed by an enemy who wasn't rendered due to the low fps...

This was my experience last night as well. I log in. I see my group is fighting at Chalman Farm. Great. I'm running over and just magically die. I get the death recap and apparently I ran through a group of about 20 enemies which none rendered on my screen. This feels like GW2 all over again.
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since 1.2.3 patch I seen soul assault only in death recap. No sound, no animation only full health to 0 health in 1 second. And also yesterday I dead from keep npc while I had 400hp left(just healed poof dead) :D

Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • Glantris
    Glantris
    ✭✭✭
    yes actually, i've noticed that too. very annoying, as that was useful and i assumed it to be intentional.
    Glantris | VR14 AD Templar | Main Group Heals/Support
    Officer of Decibel, Officer of Legend, Sender of Congealed Cheese
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaxom wrote: »

This was my experience last night as well. I log in. I see my group is fighting at Chalman Farm. Great. I'm running over and just magically die. I get the death recap and apparently I ran through a group of about 20 enemies which none rendered on my screen. This feels like GW2 all over again.

Kinda hijacking this thread, but…

While I haven't had this experience myself a couple people in the guild were having it last night. They were right there with us, confirmed in the same campaign. They could see some of the rest of the group, but most of the group was just floating chevrons for them.

The real problem is they couldn't see any of the enemies around us. That makes it pretty hard to fight I'd say.
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    never knew it could be purged or purified. Guess that explains the times it didnt do any damage when i used it (i jumped on the soul assault bandwagon). Tho, it doest matter to me right now. When i try to use it on someone at 4fps, all i do is lose mt ultimate with no effect.
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with this patch i'm simply convinced it's lag

I'm dying instantly after battles, dying when I don't see people, moving around people I didn't see were there etc etc.

ZOS just continues to impress with the levels of their ineptitude
  • JeffKnight
    JeffKnight
    ✭✭✭
    Soul Assault is a heavy hitter for sure, especially with guild bonuses vs Vamps. That said, it can definitely be interrupted, since I used my bow kb/interrupt today. I don't know about cleanse/purify, but it is a channeled spell, so really shouldn't be cleansable anyway.

Yes, lag is a huge issue now for many. Restarting the client seems to fix some, but it eventually builds back up.
    Officer of Exceptional Legion
    http://www.exceptionallegion.com
    Auriel's Bow - NA
  • Avidus
    Avidus
    ✭✭✭
    I am interested to know about this.
    Being a healer it never actually caused me any distress, I just healed it off.
    But I would still like to know.