Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Frame rate problems In Alik'R Desert

Rammi
Rammi
✭✭✭
Hello,

I am a VR6 from EbonHeart now doing quests on Alik'r Desert. I just started a quest in Rain catcher falls outside of sentinel and every time I jump in the ponds i loose framerate. I can look at the ponds and be outside them but as soon as i jump into the ponds framerate goes way down.

Let me know if you need me to run any additional tests, I'm currently maxed out on graphics and i use a AMD HD 6900 512MB
Edited by Rammi on June 27, 2014 2:14AM
The Champion System should have rewarded Champion Points based off of achievements and feats earned through excelling at end game content not grinding your life away vs mobs in order to stay competitive. This system is uncreative and is a great example of extremely lazy system design. Yes, you should be embarrassed
  • WhisperLFE
    WhisperLFE
    ✭✭✭
    I ran into this problem when I went through that question at a lower level as well. I think it seemed to have something to do with those seemingly "stuck" animations involving smoke around the beetles; when those things were on the screen is the only time in the desert that I ran into a significant FPS drop.
  • jambam817_ESO
    jambam817_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I am there currently as a lvl 37 DC character. Same problem, and in the Poisened Johad quest, if i jumped into the rain catchers to press "E", my FPS went from 60 to 15! lol. I have no clue whats up with this games performance right now. That was one thing I had alway given credit for, this game ran beautifully till now. I'm guessing its this "lighting" overhaul they did.
  • ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

We just finished pushing a hotfix for the FPS issue. So don't forget to download this update.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Dilvisham
    Dilvisham
    It seems the problem is still unsolved. I just spent some time in the Rain Catcher zone. The beetles are still bugged and the framerate is still dropping near them or the pools.
  • Rammi
    Rammi
    ✭✭✭
    This was fixed for me! Thanks for the update
    The Champion System should have rewarded Champion Points based off of achievements and feats earned through excelling at end game content not grinding your life away vs mobs in order to stay competitive. This system is uncreative and is a great example of extremely lazy system design. Yes, you should be embarrassed
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

We just finished pushing a hotfix for the FPS issue. So don't forget to download this update.

The hotfix did not fix the problem in Alikir Deset Raincatcher area. I will go from 60-70 down to 3-5 if I look at one of the dead beatles with the smoke puff around them.

Also while doing the "Investigate the Raincatchers" quest, when you go inside the raincatchers the FPS plummets again.

Not a big deal, as it goes back to normal by simply leaving the area/not looking at the beatles, but probably should be fixed.

• ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Glad to hear that @Rammi.

For the others, could you please submit a bug report to help our team during the investigation?

Thank you for your time and your patience.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Glad to hear that @Rammi.

For the others, could you please submit a bug report to help our team during the investigation?

Thank you for your time and your patience.

Here is a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGmuCu3wKtg&feature=youtu.be

• Captainbristol0
    I've had this drop from day 1 on this quest.
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely still an issue, I'm pretty sure it's unique to this beetle smoke animation.
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor