The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Silver Leash Question

Thejollygreenone
Thejollygreenone
✭✭✭
Does silver leash do damage even if the target isn't able to be pulled? For example, shooting a trial boss once would do damage normally, then activating the ability to pull the enemy back which obviously would do nothing since the boss has immunity, does this still do damage?

Feedback from experience would be appreciated, if the followup damage can still be done on a boss then this ability becomes a very efficient stamina dump, IMO.

Anyone have any info for me?
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if the boss were CCable, you wouldn't be able to activate the pull unless the target is undead, daedra, or with the extra trait Werewolf.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does silver leash do damage even if the target isn't able to be pulled??

Yes it does, the damage is independent of the pull.
    I use it on my DK since it pulls undead and daedra to me, where I can flame whip them and hit them them with me sword. Even if you can't pull them, it still harms them.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭

I use it on my DK since it pulls undead and daedra to me, where I can flame whip them and hit them them with me sword. Even if you can't pull them, it still harms them.

Well I imagined if you activated it a second time it would just do another silver leash. Are you sure this isn't what's happening? Does this second activation cost stamina? If so, the same amount or less?

Sorry for all the questions, I just really can see some potential in this ability for ranged stamina builds.

However I believe someone earlier mentioned that the leash only occurs for undead/daedra/werewolf, so unfortunately even if this works as I was hoping, and is indeed a stamina efficient resource dump, it would still be situational, i.e. only on undead/daedra bosses. If that were changed however, the game for bow users would change completely :)
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well I imagined if you activated it a second time it would just do another silver leash. Are you sure this isn't what's happening? Does this second activation cost stamina? If so, the same amount or less?

Sorry for all the questions, I just really can see some potential in this ability for ranged stamina builds.

However I believe someone earlier mentioned that the leash only occurs for undead/daedra/werewolf, so unfortunately even if this works as I was hoping, and is indeed a stamina efficient resource dump, it would still be situational, i.e. only on undead/daedra bosses. If that were changed however, the game for bow users would change completely :)

Right, I'll explain.

Normal use, first shot does damage and leaves a hook in the target for the second shot (not actually but it explains what's happening), second shot does damage and pulls the enemy towards you. Both shots damage and both have the same cost.

If the enemy can't be pulled (some bosses and a few mobs in game) then it just does the damage.

Now as for it only damaging daedra/undead/werewolves, yes this is what it's for, pretty useless for bandits/mages/necromancer/soldiers. but for deadra and undead, which there are plenty of, it's very useful.

The other morph Silver shards, I use on my Sorceror, gives you an arc of damage, which is usefull because I don't want to pull my enemies towards my sorceror. Silver leash is good for my DK because I play him as a melee character, bring them in close and cut them down.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule