The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is it supposed to be ok for two sides to take turns at emperor and help each other farm AP...

• Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and? I see a level 49 former emperor who is privvy to buffs and a costume and a title and he hasn't even hit 50 yet?..He's a sergeant and I'm a captain? And he has that skill line cause he was willing to farm emp and trade emp?

Jealous..envious.. frustrated...appalled..angered. Pick one.
    Edited by Tintinabula on June 30, 2014 5:29AM
    Options
  • PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nukeyoo wrote: »
    I wouldn't find exchanging voice coms information here on the forums or reddit to be "much more difficult." Relaying information to gather people into a irc channel; doesn't seem that daunting of a task to me either.

The ease of cross faction communication is not why this happens. Does it make it easier? Sure, but it is not the reason.

The reason has nothing to do with he game and everything to do with the bottom line.........people in general will take the path of least resistance, even if that means cheating.

You are also missing the other part of the equation which is called, "server pride". This was something DAoC had and one of the many reasons why everyone still holds it up as the best PvP game. Zenimax copied many of the elements that made DAoC great but all the cross faction, homogenous nonsense ruined those great elements. With me being able to play a DC toon and 30 secs later be able to jump on an EP toon, I have no real feeling of pride for the faction I've dedicated myself to because I'm not dedicated.

Options
  • balogh.laszlo22eb17_ESO
    Funny, you are crying here for they makeing this emperor tradeing in your home campaign, and you cant play. These campaign what before you guys wrote already dead campaign and you guys just join there to get easy the emperor and scroll bonus. If you guys wanna play join big population campaign and not join there where your alliance already own verything and where very low player playing. And why are you guys not talking about account shareing??? When emperor 24/7 online and 2 or more player playing with him! This is too not okey! Because i cant online 24/7 and if player share account a never be a emperor. "So yes we can ban near all player."
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny, you are crying here for they makeing this emperor tradeing in your home campaign, and you cant play. These campaign what before you guys wrote already dead campaign and you guys just join there to get easy the emperor and scroll bonus. If you guys wanna play join big population campaign and not join there where your alliance already own verything and where very low player playing. And why are you guys not talking about account shareing??? When emperor 24/7 online and 2 or more player playing with him! This is too not okey! Because i cant online 24/7 and if player share account a never be a emperor. "So yes we can ban near all player."

I don't think English is this persons first language. I can barely follow the rant but I think it could be valid from his or her perspective. Can we get a translator please?
    Options
  • GunemCleric
    GunemCleric
    ✭✭✭
    I THINK he is saying that one cannot be emperor legitimately unless they play 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I cannot completely disagree as I know on NA Volendrung the AD side always had MurderThumbs as Emp when he got it because he had 7 million points on leader board by the end of campaign and I think the #2 on that board had maybe 3.5 million.

The DC side Emps would stay emp for a few days or a week and (the ones i know of) barely slept defending their Emp and would finally abdicate when they were tired at which point another would fight to take Emp and would defend for a real period of time....rinse and repeat. It gave others a chance to become Emp, and the Emps earned their "former emp" imho.

If this guy was AD on NA Volendrung, then yes he would have had to play 24/7 to beat out MT, and he would have started early in campaign.

But if he was DC he simply had to play very hard to get to the top (including a little politics and getting to know people), then he would have had to hold his emp for a real period of time (he could not simply go to bed, else he would not have gotten any support to hold the campaign), which would have required some dedication, .

Btw, i do not and never had a problem with people having "former emp" I just think people should have to earn it. No one should be emp with less than say 100,000 point on leaderboard, they should at least have a rank, maybe 8 or 10 minimum (i.e. never volunteer). And they should have been Emp for a real period of time, just putting a realistic spin, why would they have any special power if they could not hold a campaign for a couple days.
    Gunerm Cleric ~ Dragon Knight, Tank ~ vr14
    Cruleg Nimec ~ Dragon Knight, DPS ~ vr14
    Gunem Cleric ~ Templar, Heals ~ vr3
    Cleric Gunem ~ Sorcerer, TBD ~ vr1
    Daggerfall Covenant (only) ~ NA
    Guts n Glory & Guts n Glory EOC ~ Guildmaster ~ GnG ~ MMO Dark Guild
    Daggerfall Cosa Nostra ~ Founder ~ DCN ~ DC guild leaders only (no cross faction PvP guilds)
    Options
  • nukeyoo
    nukeyoo
    ✭✭✭
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    nukeyoo wrote: »
    I wouldn't find exchanging voice coms information here on the forums or reddit to be "much more difficult." Relaying information to gather people into a irc channel; doesn't seem that daunting of a task to me either.

The ease of cross faction communication is not why this happens. Does it make it easier? Sure, but it is not the reason.

The reason has nothing to do with he game and everything to do with the bottom line.........people in general will take the path of least resistance, even if that means cheating.

You are also missing the other part of the equation which is called, "server pride". This was something DAoC had and one of the many reasons why everyone still holds it up as the best PvP game. Zenimax copied many of the elements that made DAoC great but all the cross faction, homogenous nonsense ruined those great elements. With me being able to play a DC toon and 30 secs later be able to jump on an EP toon, I have no real feeling of pride for the faction I've dedicated myself to because I'm not dedicated.
    First off, the game offers buffs for a achievement. I'd say the game has something to do with it. As people in general don't take a path of least resistance to achieve nothing. It's called incentive.

Secondly, I'm not missing anything with realm or server or faction pride. The system as it is designed and intended allows you to play all factions and all races. It's also designed so that when it comes to PvP your particular character's Home server and Guest campaign cannot be the same as another's if it is from a different faction. Using the teleport to player method of entering a campaign that is neither your home or guest is an exploit of the system and is not intended.

Inevitably the "faction pride" comes from the character of the person; much the same as choosing exploits or cheats to enrich yourself/toon. It doesn't come from being restricted to only one faction. It isn't ruined by being able to create a character on another faction on a different campaign. A person can find pride in his characters and his factions on multiple campaigns; should they choose to. Even DAoC had people and even guilds with multiple accounts to play the different realms. Some used this means to find the best fights.

The main issue is the combination of two things mentioned.
    1.) Incentive - Former Emperor buffs
    2.) People taking path of least resistance to get them.

Content of character in a person cannot be coded into a game. Removing incentives that promote shady behavior can be. I can almost guarantee trading will stop without the incentive.
    - done w/ it
    Options
  • r_rupe_ESO
    They need to make a Carebear server for all the Emp farmers to go to, log in and you get full fledged Emp buffs all the time.
    Options
  • vyal
    vyal
    ✭✭✭
    Happened in Warhammer Online, happened in DAoC, happens here.

Why wouldn't it? History has already borne out these systems are fundamentally flawed by their static nature and when collusion nets a greater reward for both, of course people will do it.

The whole consequence of a RL war is that people die and that's bad. In ESO, dying isn't bad. Quite the opposite, it's convenient for travel, bypassing content, and spying.

If players were blocked from a PvP area after death, for a period of time, then death would have a sting, and it would be avoided. Until then, collusion reigns.

Oh, and a PvE version of Cyrodil would be nice, too, for all those PvE Cyrodil achievements. ;)
    Options