Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Something definitely happened.

Mud_Puppy
Mud_Puppy
✭✭✭
We all know this game isn't properly optimized yet. Whatever it's been playable. However after this most recent patch myself and others have been getting extraordinary FPS drops. This isn't the usual "Wabba-lag" either.

Get into cryodiil- FPS is fine.
5-10minutes lag starts and the frames start dropping steadily.
If we go to certain points i.e. bridges keeps apparently our FPS literally *** itself.

So.. something definitely happened after that patch. Our machines should and have ran this game fine. This is obviously on ZOS' end. Whatsup?
/kill
  • galiumb16_ESO
    galiumb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    welcome to about 4 days ago
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS coding happened...just wait till you start getting the rollbacks
  • Mud_Puppy
    Mud_Puppy
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS coding happened...just wait till you start getting the rollbacks

Ah I have indeed gotten a roll back in the middle of a duel last night. Being a fan I was hoping it was a one time thing. lul.
    /kill
  • Gundorf_GA
    Gundorf_GA
    Soul Shriven
    I just counted 10 other threads between the first 2 pages of these forums that all are centered around this issue. Why in the world do people like you feel the need to keep posting more and more? Especially like it's some sort of revelation you just found out. Not only are there 10 other threads about the exact same issue (one of which has ~160 comments and 7,000 views), the devs have already acknowledged it and said they have a patch to roll out tomorrow that will (hopefully) fix it.
    Edited by Gundorf_GA on June 29, 2014 7:37PM
  • Mud_Puppy
    Mud_Puppy
    ✭✭✭
    Gundorf_GA wrote: »
    I just counted 10 other threads between the first 2 pages of these forums that all are centered around this issue. Why in the world do people like you feel the need to keep posting more and more? Especially like it's some sort of revelation you just found out. Not only are there 10 other threads about the exact same issue (one of which has ~160 comments and 7,000 views), the devs have already acknowledged it and said they have a patch to roll out tomorrow that will (hopefully) fix it.

Regardless of knowing these threads already exist or not reporting an issue as an individual should be done by everyone. Saying a big thread exists so everyone else should bury their heads in the sand is a null point.

Sqeaky wheel gets the grease. However I will "lol" your comment as you're most likely what the kids are calling "trolls" these days. I'm not all caught up but that's a comedian correct? Good show, you did give me a chuckle!

/kill
  • jquestb16_ESO2
    I thought I would play some PvP last night, played for about 20 minutes and gave up. How can they have such an unplayable game? I would log in mount up and run to a fight, every couple minutes my horse would get hung up on an invisible object and not able to move anywhere lol unmount run a few feet and run in place for a few more minutes. All I can say is WOW this games pvp is still broke, makes me sad.
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Patch v1.2.3 Known Issues

Getting patched tomorrow.

At least you didn't add a rant to this about how terrible communication with ZoS is. But yes, well known issue since the day of the patch.
    Fedrals / EP / Dunmer Nightblade

• Gundorf_GA
    Gundorf_GA
    Soul Shriven
    Mud_Puppy wrote: »
    Gundorf_GA wrote: »

Regardless of knowing these threads already exist or not reporting an issue as an individual should be done by everyone. Saying a big thread exists so everyone else should bury their heads in the sand is a null point.

Sqeaky wheel gets the grease. However I will "lol" your comment as you're most likely what the kids are calling "trolls" these days. I'm not all caught up but that's a comedian correct? Good show, you did give me a chuckle!

That actually wasn't a troll post at all. That was me pointing out that it is a waste of space to create an 11th new thread about the same issue that has already been thoroughly documented and addressed by the devs. You could have just added a "yup, me too" to any of those threads. It gets old scrolling through all of these identical threads.

You ended your post with a "whatsup?" I was also hoping that you could find the answer to your question in one of those hundreds of comments that have already been written about the issue.
  • Fuzzylumpkins
    Fuzzylumpkins
    ✭✭✭✭
    welcome to about 4 days ago

It does seem often that players start a topic without even trying to review the amount of topics started on the exact subject. Feels rather like people that prefer to hear themselves talking instead of being a part of an ongoing conversation.

Cyrodil is broken. It is on ZoS side again. It isn't you.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so...should we use the search engine and type in "broken"?.."unplayable"?.."Broken unplayable cyrodiil"?..."lag"?...."exploit"?..."farmers"?

just wondering for future reference . :D
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should not have waited until tomorrow. Considering the new campaigns started the day of the patch that broke everything, this should have been an immediate downtime fix. Immediate.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    This should not have waited until tomorrow. Considering the new campaigns started the day of the patch that broke everything, this should have been an immediate downtime fix. Immediate.

But it wasn't. Whaddaya gonna do?

I imagine there's a rather large array of reasons why it wasn't immediately fixed on the first day that none of us are privy to at all, nor would we even necessarily understand if they explained it to us as it probably includes all sorts of technical mumbo jumbo.
    Fedrals / EP / Dunmer Nightblade

• Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mud_Puppy wrote: »
    We all know this game isn't properly optimized yet. Whatever it's been playable. However after this most recent patch myself and others have been getting extraordinary FPS drops. This isn't the usual "Wabba-lag" either.

Get into cryodiil- FPS is fine.
    5-10minutes lag starts and the frames start dropping steadily.
    If we go to certain points i.e. bridges keeps apparently our FPS literally *** itself.

So.. something definitely happened after that patch. Our machines should and have ran this game fine. This is obviously on ZOS' end. Whatsup?

no we don't know that my comptuter is dung and I could play the game perfectly fine.

I still can now mostly just have to set things down low for certain situations (trials)

PVP? no so much. Hope the patch monday fixes it or has a toggle option for lighting.