The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Inventory Tabs and Bag Space

PointMaid
PointMaid
✭✭
These could be an add-on fix or programmed game mechanics, but some inventory issues need addressing:

The crafting materials each need their own inventory tab. The quantity of the items makes sifting through them on one tab difficult. Limited bag space makes this a frequent and unpleasant occurrence which makes the game less enjoyable.

Vanity pets, quest items and maps (which are quest items, IMO) should not take up available slots in your bag or bank.

All items described "sell for gold" should automatically be put on the junk tab, and items that have been marked as junk should STAY marked as junk (and be put on the junk tab) even if you sold off the first batch (you can always unmark them).

When unaware that you have no more bag space, there's nothing more annoying than having someone grab the item you were collecting while you search through your inventory for something to destroy. At the very least, an obvious low bag space warning would be helpful. A way to destroy an item in inventory while the collection window is still up would be even better, if possible.
  • claudekennilol
    claudekennilol
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely agree on all parts.

Other than the lack of all of these features, the most surprising thing to me is that items marked as junk don't stay marked as junk.
  • WhiteQueen
    WhiteQueen
    ✭✭✭
    @Wykkyd has an add-on that sits above the compass strip and gives you information, including bagspace. Colour-coded for quick apprehension.
  • PointMaid
    PointMaid
    ✭✭
    Perhaps @Wykkyd will read my post and make a new Add-On. I have no real use for an outfitter just yet, and these are two different things entirely.
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bag space feature @WhiteQueen‌ mentioned is inside Wykkyd's Framework, not Outfitter. It's just bag space listing on a Toolbar that you can position on screen anywhere you like.
    Edited by Wykkyd on April 2, 2014 6:57PM
  • WhiteQueen
    WhiteQueen
    ✭✭✭
    What he said. :D
  • Cairenn
    Cairenn
    ✭✭✭
    There are a number of addons in our Bags, Bank & Inventory download section that provide some nice tweaks. There are a couple that auto/semi-auto marking things as junk, as well as some that will auto-sell your junk when you go to a vendor.
    Cairenn
    Co-founder & Administrator
    ESOUI
  • simchef
    simchef
    Could just provide us with normal bags that we can buy with so many slots instead of upgrading slots by 10 costing you far to more then the ordinal 10 slots you upgraded
  • PointMaid
    PointMaid
    ✭✭
    I'm OK with the way bag space works and the cost of it. It's not difficult to afford more, and it's far better than you got in Skyrim, which got most people console editing before leaving the tutorial. There was far less bag space in beta, and it was made more reasonable along the way. It's tradition to have small bags in the beginning!

I'm more grumpy about the crafting materials all falling into one inventory tab. I never sell or destroy mats other than high level provisioning or fishing baits. Sorting through it all is a pain.
  • Unmatched
    Unmatched
    ✭✭✭
    PointMaid wrote: »
    I'm OK with the way bag space works and the cost of it. It's not difficult to afford more, and it's far better than you got in Skyrim, which got most people console editing before leaving the tutorial. There was far less bag space in beta, and it was made more reasonable along the way. It's tradition to have small bags in the beginning!

I'm more grumpy about the crafting materials all falling into one inventory tab. I never sell or destroy mats other than high level provisioning or fishing baits. Sorting through it all is a pain.

I agree. The amount of bag space we get is actually a pretty good. If you are upgrading as you level then it works itself out. Having just ONE inventory space indicator on the UI would be nice though. Something in the bottom right saying percentages or xx/xx in various colors would be pretty good, with an alert telling you when you have 10% left or so.
    Bacon and Skyrim....but mostly bacon....and a lawnmower
  • Desmadona
    Desmadona
    I'm with the OP.
    What I need is an add-on that makes delineating item uses (alchemy, Provisioning, Armor, whatever...) easier. So far, my bank is 80 slots and it's a chore to sift through every time my bags get full. It's not nearly enough space to store even the first tier of craft items. I just moved to the second zone and guess what? A whole new tier of items! Yay! So I created alts to manage these tiers, but sifting through them is re-damn-diculous.

I don't usually whine about any new game not having all the features of past games (I'm damn hard to please with so many MMO's under my belt), but the GW2 item storage just rocked. It was so refreshing to see a game that didn't make you store everything together. I still ended up paying for all possible bank exapansions (so it was still the money sink it's supposed to be, but it was for cool stuff, not for crafting crap.

I don't expect storage to be that cool... but some sort of sorting tool would be totally awesome.
    r7MdXFo.png
  • jacoby.swift1b16_ESO
    I thoroughly agree.

The standard inventory arrangement is frustrating at best.

Crafting in this game is currently good, but has the potential to be amazing if it were more organised. We need to at least be able to filter items into their professions!

Whether that is achieved manually by providing us with split bags/organisable tabs, or preferably, where someone writes an add-on that automatically sorts items by their properties, so I can spend my time more enjoyably. ;P

• PointMaid
    PointMaid
    ✭✭
    I resorted to making alts to hold and sort my "stuff". One thing that would also be helpful is the ability to sort things in different ways, like sorting provisioning mats by level, or somehow indicating if they can or can't be used.
  • PointMaid
    PointMaid
    ✭✭
    It's been many months since I visited this thread, but it is good that others have been here and the idea took hold somewhere that netted results.

Ingeniousclown made an addon which makes your bags into something far more functional. Weapons, armor and mats are sorted by type. It's a must-have addon!
  • SystemiK
    SystemiK
    ✭✭✭
    @PointMaid‌
    This thread has not been active for almost 3 months, WTF are you reviving it? Have you no manners?
  • PointMaid
    PointMaid
    ✭✭
    If something good is worth sharing after three months, or even three years, I have no qualms about sharing it. I could have started a new thread, but it seemed redundant. Keeping good things to myself would make me far less of the kind of person I wish to be.

Manners were not involved. I swear I had my napkin in my lap, I didn't tip in my chair, and I didn't eat salad with my dinner fork or stir sugar into my tea with a soup spoon!

What mystifies me is why you object, SystemiK. What is your stake in this? Why object to reviving an old thread if there is something new, relevant and useful to share?
  • PointMaid
    PointMaid
    ✭✭
    In case it is questioned, I had no intention to advertise for the above-mentioned addon. I find it to be a must-have after using it myself for a while, and would never post a recommend if I hadn't. I don't know the guy writing the code, but I <3 What he did with it!
  • SystemiK
    SystemiK
    ✭✭✭
    @pointmaid

The reason I objected was because I spent time reading the OP, and then wasted further time writing a reply to it which included links to several of the mods at ESOui that could address the points in the OP before I realized that you had revived a 3 month old thread.

In terms of forum etiquette, starting a new thread is much favored over resurrecting one from the archives for exactly the above reason.

Ancient threads like this often contain outdated information and can create confusion on the forum. Good forum "manners" generally include leaving old threads like this to die in peace rather than digging them up.

That is my stake in this.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Advanced Filters - get it, use it, love it, you're welcome.