Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vampire & Werewolf - Sorcerer Love -> Lich in the Future?

LazerusKI
LazerusKI
✭✭✭
I was just wondering...
i was transformed into a Vampire, looked through the skills...and decided that it fits perfectly for my Nightblade.
Very strong Regeneration attacks, very fast sneaking, stuns, and damage reduction...yeah, fits just fine for a nightblade.

Werewolf...stronger attacks, more stamina, more health etc...
fits perfect for a warrior like templar or dragon knight.

but where are the sorcerers?
they have weak armor, so the fire weakness from vampire could mean instakill for them.
with exception of the 10% magica regeneration there is nothing usefull for them.
werewolf? doesnt fit either, normally a sorcerer is not a melee fighter, has not that much health so that would not make sense for him,

so...there was this one mod in oblivion a looong time ago, where you could turn into a Lich. Wouldnt that fit for them? The ability to turn into a necromancer? better magica-skills and all these things?

In short:
Vampire is Rogue-Based
Werewolf is Warrior-Like
What about Mages?
Will we see some kind of a "Magic-Based Transformation" in the future? Like the Lich i mentioned above?
  • Elyna
    Elyna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps "Aethral Ascension?" Lich and Vampire are both undead. It would also be more interesting imo. Or maybe "Auriel's Chosen" The ultimate could be similar to the effect of Auriels Bow in Skyrim. Just kind of brain storming here.
    Options
  • LazerusKI
    LazerusKI
    ✭✭✭
    lich, ascension, atronach...whatever it is doesnt matter, it should just be a caster type.
    i for myself would love to see some kind of an adaptive tree.
    Based on the staff you hold it will change you your skills (Frost, Fire, Lightning, Heal) so that every caster-class can profit from it, just like the Nightblade profits from Vampire passives.
    Edited by LazerusKI on April 6, 2014 3:59AM
    Options
  • jdkorreckpreub18_ESO
    Personally I don't see why you think that the passives for vampires are so much better for a nightblade compared to a sorc. Dark stalker wouldn't be a big one for a sorc but supernatural recovery is nice as is undeath.

Besides this lich was a mod, not official content. I don't think there is any ES lore about liches.
    Options
  • stimpy986b14_ESO
    stimpy986b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    A necromancy tree would also be a welcome addition IMO
    Options
  • LazerusKI
    LazerusKI
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I don't see why you think that the passives for vampires are so much better for a nightblade compared to a sorc. Dark stalker wouldn't be a big one for a sorc but supernatural recovery is nice as is undeath.

Besides this lich was a mod, not official content. I don't think there is any ES lore about liches.
    thats what i said, it was a mod.
    so...there was this one mod in oblivion a looong time ago

its just how i feel about the trees.
    everything on the vampire is either connected with cloak or lifedrain, and jsut TWO passives from the whole tree are usefull for the Sorc i think...that doesnt feel right.
    i mean its all a personal choice, i would become vampire with every class i play (maybe werewolf with a DK)
    but as i said, thats just how i felt, thats why i thought it would be nice to have another sorc-based tree in the future
    Edited by LazerusKI on April 6, 2014 9:24AM
    Options
  • austin.turnerub17_ESO
    There may not have been Liches in Skyrim (although this is likely in name alone considering that the Dragon Priests are about as damned close to a lich as I think you can get without using the name), but Oblivion sure did have liches and if you got the Siege at Firemoth official mod for Morrowind there was a lich to fight there as well. So the lore most certainly supports it (as does official content). Also according to a few websites (I've yet to confirm in game) there are Liches in ESO (NPC of course).

I think having a skill line for Necromancy would be awesome and quite fitting considering the prolific Deadra worshiping going on everywhere. I mean if you can become a Vampire (who were created by Molag Bal in the first place) why not allow us to become Deadric worshipers and study the Necromantic arts?

With that being said I think Lich-dom would likely be outside the normal realms of what you can do in an Elder Scrolls game considering at that point you truly are an undead being that cannot blend in normal society. Necromancy on the other hand would work quite well. Maybe you could become a half-lich or something so that the fighter's guild abilities would work well against you (like with Vamps and Werewolves) for balance? Also becoming a Lich requires a soul...which the Vestige(s) lack :disappointed:
    Edited by austin.turnerub17_ESO on April 7, 2014 4:07AM
    Options
  • IceDread
    IceDread
    ✭✭✭
    Silverbolts and cricle of protection coming right up, enjoy xD
    http://eldersouls.com/elder-scrolls-online/skills
    Options
  • R8237b16_ESO
    I would also Love to go the Way of the Lich with my Sorcerer.. and btw in Morrowind you can get a Lich without Mod if i remember right..
    Options
  • Reavan
    Reavan
    ✭✭✭
    There are liches is Eso ive fought a few, they are quite hard...
    Options
  • Kadigan
    Kadigan
    ✭✭✭
    I have a Dunmer sorcerer character that would be perfect for Lichdom, think this is a great idea for future content. Maybe some sort of questline you can only complete after whatever happens in the Main Quest? The Vestige could possibly find a way of reclaiming his or her soul, then be free to do whatever they wanted with it...

Although technically, doesn't the vestige already have some kind of easy immortality? Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if putting your soul in a phylactery (rather than leaving it to whatever Molag Bal is doing with it) would actually be safer or make you more powerful :\
    Daggerfall Covenant: Fork-Stealer, Argonian Dragonknight
    Aldmeri Dominion: Kadigan, Bosmer Nightblade
    Let's be civil, shall we?
    Options
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A concept was made recently on the what a lich tree might look like
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/95491/lich-concept/p1

Anyone interested should give it a look.
    Options
  • Drachdhar
    Drachdhar
    ✭✭✭
    Liches have been part of TES lore since the beginning... Well, not sure about Arena but they sure have a presence in Daggerfall(the game) where they are some of the most dangerous foes you'll encounter.
    There is even a book in The Rift that somewhat details how to become one, just before you fight a necromancer that has just transformed into one.
    Edited by Drachdhar on June 24, 2014 1:54PM
    Options
  • Oronell
    Oronell
    ✭✭✭
    Kadigan wrote: »
    I have a Dunmer sorcerer character that would be perfect for Lichdom, think this is a great idea for future content. Maybe some sort of questline you can only complete after whatever happens in the Main Quest? The Vestige could possibly find a way of reclaiming his or her soul, then be free to do whatever they wanted with it...

Although technically, doesn't the vestige already have some kind of easy immortality? Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if putting your soul in a phylactery (rather than leaving it to whatever Molag Bal is doing with it) would actually be safer or make you more powerful :\

Definitely think it should be an optional irreversible World Skill attained only after you defeat Bal and also ONLY if you choose to free Mannimarco. The quest could involve him bestowing you with the knowledge to also become a Lich as repayment for ending his torment.

If you didn't free him the first time you should be required to do an additional quest (VR difficulty) where you have to go back and rescue him.
    Edited by Oronell on June 30, 2014 11:39AM
    Options