The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question about food/drink ingredients

rsiloliveiraub17_ESO
What are the hardest materials to get?

I get a lot of provisioning stuff and I don't know what is good what is garbage. Could any1 clarify that?

Thank you
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the level. Eventually if you get to VR5 or better and have the recipe you'll want red wheat and honeycomb since they are part of a pot for increased health/magica. I hoarded them for two weeks before I could make the food and I'm darn glad I did.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • rsiloliveiraub17_ESO
    Yeah, I forgot to add. I'm currently playing on VR3+ zones.

Is there any addon to show the rarity of the item? Or what it is used for?
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do not know about add-ons. Don't use them. However there are useful lists out there of the various recipes. I used google to find them.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://esoui.com/downloads/info163-SousChef-ProvisioningHelper.html

This will help. It will show you which recipes you have not learned, and it will show you which recipes food is used in if have have learned them.
  • rsiloliveiraub17_ESO
    http://esoui.com/downloads/info163-SousChef-ProvisioningHelper.html

This will help. It will show you which recipes you have not learned, and it will show you which recipes food is used in if have have learned them.

Cool, thank you!
  • Kalman
    Kalman
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is what you want: Crafting Material Level Display
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Items you will find that are worth hanging on to...

Salt, pepper, honey comb, red wheat, onions...I am sure there are a couple more, but those are the big ones. Oats and Tomatoes only come from provisioner mail, which is worth having at 2/3.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • rsiloliveiraub17_ESO
    Thanks guys, all comments were very helpful!
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I prefer to use uesp.net/wiki/Online:Provisioning_Ingredients to determine such things. I use a print of the improvement ingredients to determine what to put in the bank. As I read it, Oats, Pepper, Tomato, Saaz Hops, Canis Root and Jazbay Grapes should be the rarest ingredients, whether they are or not *shrug*.

It should be pointed out that at various locations you are going to find ingredients common to the other alliances without your character being able to obtain a recipe to use them. At North Beacon in Auridon for instance DC ingredients can be found. So you might want to take that into consideration too.
    Edited by Woolenthreads on June 27, 2014 11:26PM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread