Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Patch 1.2.3: Broken Quest "Eye Of The Ancients"

BalticBlues
BalticBlues
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
After patch 1.2.3, the quest "Eye Of The Ancients" is broken:

After all (3) Welkynd Stones are collected, including the stone from Captain Parondo, the game still requests to get the stone from the Captain. Waiting for killing/looting the Captain another time does not help.

Bug: The quest cannot be completed because the game does not notice the fulfilled condition. The irremovable quest objects (Welkynd Stones) now consume 3 precious slots of the inventory!
  • Kyorei
    Kyorei
    Soul Shriven
    Same is happening for me :(
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just learned that such bugs should be reported directly in the game with the "/bug" command. I suggest doing so. The more reports, the earlier the fix (hopefully).
  • ElVexo
    ElVexo
    If you abandon the quest, at least, the inventory slots are freed up. I'm stuck on this one as well and monitoring this thread in hopes of an announcement when it is fixed.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ElVexo wrote: »
    If you abandon the quest, at least, the inventory slots are freed up.
    Thanks! With your hint I now found out that I can right-click on a quest to abondon it. This is very useful information.
  • Salmonleap
    Salmonleap
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. Filed a /bug in game.
    Beware he who would deny you access to information for in his heart he dreams himself your master. -- Pravin Lal
  • WhisperLFE
    WhisperLFE
    ✭✭✭
    Running into the same problem here. Like the above folks, I've filed a /bug report and also contacted Customer Service to request help.

Edit: The CS agent's suggestion was to abandon the quest and perform a "soft reset" (i.e., log out for at least 15 minutes), and then try completing it again. If that doesn't work, he/she said some people have had success by repairing the game client. I'll report back to say if either of those solutions works.
    Edited by WhisperLFE on June 28, 2014 12:29PM
  • DeadlyArter36
    DeadlyArter36
    Soul Shriven
    i am also stuck, the difference is I can't even loot the captain for the stone, every time i kill him i loot and there is nothing there
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The quest still is broken in patch 1.2.4
  • ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

As could read here:
    Auridon, Eye of the Ancients: This quest is currently not completable.

STATUS: Currently testing a fix, potentially released for patch 1.2.5.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • zanven
    zanven
    ✭✭✭
    Patch notes said it was fixed. OMW to check it out.

Update: Tested and fixed. WOO!
    Edited by zanven on July 7, 2014 6:40PM
  • luckystars
    luckystars
    Soul Shriven
    It's fixed!
    Edited by luckystars on July 23, 2014 1:19PM