Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to keep your add-on settings in v1.2

• SkOODaT
    SkOODaT
    ✭✭✭
    im still saying they should just scrap 1.2.3 and roll back the list of bugs they posted is MASSIVE seriously is this day 1 LOL, i could of swore ive been playing 2 months
    Edited by SkOODaT on June 26, 2014 8:07PM
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    SkOODaT wrote: »
    im still saying they should just scrap 1.2.3 and roll back the list of bugs they posted is MASSIVE seriously is this day 1 LOL
    This is not worse then what happened the day after 1.1. Or any other major content update in any other MMO.
    In 1-2 days nobody will even remmeber this.

In fact this is mild. Compared to stuff like the Eve boot.ini fiasco.
    Edited by zgrssd on June 26, 2014 8:08PM
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • Dedder
    Dedder
    Soul Shriven
    Listen, I know how to program and I'm not lazy, but unless I'm told specifically by the developer as part of the patch instructions (like the one time password notification), I'm not going to think to back up my SavedVariables directory just because there's a patch. I'm pissed I lost all my harvest nodes and I'm going to go pout and play CounterStrike... not sure when I'll be back.
    Lord Dedder
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dedder wrote: »
    Listen, I know how to program and I'm not lazy, but unless I'm told specifically by the developer as part of the patch instructions (like the one time password notification), I'm not going to think to back up my SavedVariables directory just because there's a patch. I'm pissed I lost all my harvest nodes and I'm going to go pout and play CounterStrike... not sure when I'll be back.
    Lord Dedder

Yep, I mentioned loosing my librarian books on my guilds web site and told people to back up their savedvariables, some still lost their books as they presumed simply making a backup copy of their addons directory would keep everything they need.

OK, I should have been clearer, but its still a fact that many people don't either understand and/or want to have to go through this.

I see this as making many people far less likely to want to use addons.

Zenimax answered many peoples UI questions pointing them to addons, now Zenimax are saying your on your own if you do use themand from what I can tell, didn't even bother to let the ap developers know of the api changes in advance.

wont stop me using them, but many people already had concerns and many others have tried to tell these people thier concerns are totally unfounded, but Zenimax attitude and new ToS throws that back in our faces.
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ojustaboo wrote: »
    Dedder wrote: »
    Lord Dedder

Yep, I mentioned loosing my librarian books on my guilds web site and told people to back up their savedvariables, some still lost their books as they presumed simply making a backup copy of their addons directory would keep everything they need.
    Currently Librarian is broken.
    The dev said he intentionally is not fixing it to avoid deleting the saved data (no access to saved vars, no chance to delete anything).

And even I am somewhat happy. This pointed me toward a possible bug in my addon.
    Edited by zgrssd on June 27, 2014 10:54AM
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.