The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Improvement of items why it should only be allowed crafters who put skill points into it

Dumpgrah
Dumpgrah
Soul Shriven
so ESO has a pretty nice crafting system. with that being stated i hate the fact any person can improve their gear if they buy enough mats, the main reason this annoys me is cause how can someone improve the quality of a item if they have little to no knowledge of how to make it and what metal it use's and stuff. my idea is to make a skill line inside the crafting skills that gives you the improvement ability. make it a lvl 10 ability in that crafting line, so early crafters can use it. i guess my point is it takes away from being a dedicated crafter if i can just take any npc item i find and improve it, i want the crafting system in eso to be even more focused on people wanting there gear improved and they have to ask a crafter to do it, yes it would add a little bit of frustration for non - crafters but again they have no time or effort put into this skills line and if they want lvl 10 isnt hard to get in any crafting line, so they could just get the skill and be done with it. The idea to make crafters the makers of the best items in the game that you promised we would be(besides rare armor sets). right now we are sub-par in my opinion
Edited by Dumpgrah on June 26, 2014 5:40PM
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    I could see and would probably agree that the first point put into Tannin Expertise would allow for upgrades, or perhaps no points in Tannin Expertise means you need 3 or 4 times the items to get to 100% chance, but there would have to be a way included to improve an item bound to another player by the crafter...
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...