Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can Auto-Looting break Quests (in Europe)?

BalticBlues
BalticBlues
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I have been playing TESO without problems until I enabled Auto-Looting yesterday.

Within two hours, I then experienced two buggy quests that now cannot be completed. It looks like the game does not notice things that already have been collected and insists in recollecting them, which is not possible to do a second time.

Question: Is it possible that Auto-Looting breaks Quests in Europe?

Theory: Because the EU megaserver still sits in the USA, in Europe we sometimes experience lag. Auto-Looting works very fast, but the Quest engine seems to depend on the network connection and works slower. Perhaps in laggy situations Auto-Looting collects items too fast, so that the Quest engine then comes to late to recognize the items (which have already been moved away from the scene into the inventory).
  • Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that I have noticed. What quest?
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tannakaobi wrote: »
    Not that I have noticed.
    Do you play in Europe or the US, and how good is you connection? I play in Germany via a fine broadband connection, so most of the time gameplay is good, but occasionally I see a freeze of a few seconds.
    What quest?
    I described the two broken quests since yesterday here:

Broken Quest "Eye Of The Ancients":
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/114533/patch-1-2-3-broken-quest-eye-of-the-ancients

Broken Quest "Silent Village":
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/114300/patch-1-2-3-broken-quest-silent-village

I played these quests in the beta (with no Auto-Looting) without problems, but now in the final version I am stuck. Of course the problem could also be the recent patch 1.2.3. But I played yesterday without problems until I enabled Auto-Looting, and then the problems begun.
  • Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm from the UK.

All I can tell you is that I always use auto-loot and I have done both quests several times. I know 'Eye Of The Ancients' had a bug right after launch but was fixed.

Have you tried restarting the quest and turning off auto-loot? The only time I have had the auto-loot fail because I already have the item is with disguises.

It's possible the patch broke something with auto-looting, I hope not.

Edit: My broadband is high and I have very little lag and no freezes.
    Edited by Tannakaobi on June 26, 2014 12:48PM
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried restarting the quest and turning off auto-loot?
    Yes, I tried both quests several times with the usual tipps:
    - Relogging
    - Auto-Loot off
    - Leaving the area and returning
    Nothing did help.

Suggestion for the dev team:
    How about a console command to restart a derailed quest?
    something like "/resetquest" (only 1 per day allowed to avoid misuse)
    Edited by BalticBlues on June 26, 2014 2:35PM