Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MacBook Pro headphone jack

Pavlina20
Pavlina20
✭✭
MacBookPro, Mid 2012. Running Mavericks.

I have a Turtle Beach PX51 headset. I know this isn't a "PC" headset, but was trying to get an all-in-one or 3 systems in one solution. I wanted to avoid having to use 2/3 different headsets for my Mac, Xbox and PS systems. Anyway. I was able to get the headset working through a combination of Bluetooth audio for my TeamSpeak and Headphone jack for the in-game sounds, then one day my headphone audio just fell to Nothing! I can't get it back, I've tried the Audio Midi set-up. I see this is a common problem for the MacBook systems. Is there anything I can do other than getting a USB headphone adapter? I welcome your thoughts.

Council Advisor - Brotherhood of Redemption [DC - NA - PvX - Moderate]
http://eso.borguild.com/

Lady - Order of the Star [DC/AD/EP - NA- PvX]
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pavlina20 wrote: »
    MacBookPro, Mid 2012. Running Mavericks.

I have a Turtle Beach PX51 headset. I know this isn't a "PC" headset, but was trying to get an all-in-one or 3 systems in one solution. I wanted to avoid having to use 2/3 different headsets for my Mac, Xbox and PS systems. Anyway. I was able to get the headset working through a combination of Bluetooth audio for my TeamSpeak and Headphone jack for the in-game sounds, then one day my headphone audio just fell to Nothing! I can't get it back, I've tried the Audio Midi set-up. I see this is a common problem for the MacBook systems. Is there anything I can do other than getting a USB headphone adapter? I welcome your thoughts.
    Have you checked that you can get Audio via the headphone jack via testing in System preferences > Sound? First thing is to check that and that it has the Headphones selected in Output and not muted. Is it just ESO specific or generally?

I use Bluetooth for my Sennheiser headset which works fine except the Mac defaults to system sound on reboot for some reason.
  • Pavlina20
    Pavlina20
    ✭✭
    Yes, thanks. I do go into Systems Pref>Sound then select output HEADPHONES input my TB headset. I go into the setting in Team Speak and use my Bluetooth for that audio. I get both Audio streams, but I noticed about a week ago my headphone audio is VERY low. When I go into Audio Midi settings, I notice the gain setting stops at 0 and I can't get positive values.

This seems to be a well-observed issue with the MacBook Pros, but I cannot find a solution anywhere on the web. I've looked and looked!

• Pavlina20
    Pavlina20
    ✭✭
    I should also add, this is only a real issue when I want to run ESO AND teamspeak at the same time. I can run ESO by itself with no issue over Bluetooth, but for the headphones output I always get this. ESO or using any audio.

• Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pavlina20 wrote: »
    Yes, thanks. I do go into Systems Pref>Sound then select output HEADPHONES input my TB headset. I go into the setting in Team Speak and use my Bluetooth for that audio. I get both Audio streams, but I noticed about a week ago my headphone audio is VERY low. When I go into Audio Midi settings, I notice the gain setting stops at 0 and I can't get positive values.

This seems to be a well-observed issue with the MacBook Pros, but I cannot find a solution anywhere on the web. I've looked and looked!
    Looking around it seems the most plausible reason. Not sure I can offer any other advice other than checking Google for possible solutions. There seem to be some suggestions but I don't have a MBP to check myself.

Good luck!
  • LavaDrop
    LavaDrop
    Have you tried deleting the device from Bluetooth Settings and then paring it again?
  • Pavlina20
    Pavlina20
    ✭✭
    Lava Indeed I have tried that. Also restarting. Also deleting my Audio Midi profiles.

thanks. It looks like a trip to the Genius Bar!