Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Dragonknight as a Pyromancer for Ranged?

Clarebear
Clarebear
✭✭
Does the Dragonknight have enough skills to really be a ranged fighter with a Destruction Staff or would they still need to be Melee?

Also should mention would like to stay with as much Fire Damage as possible while doing so.
Edited by Clarebear on April 7, 2014 1:21PM
  • disexistencenub19_ESO
    Range is still an option, yes. You can use CC and buffs/armor mixed with staff abilities just fine, or throw in some world/guild skills if you find you need them.
    Options
  • Stautmeister
    Stautmeister
    ✭✭✭
    dk pyromancer is actually very viable. especially if you combine it with magesguild and destrustaf skills.
    An orc marrying a wood elf?! Enjoy your Borsimer mutants!
    Options
  • Clarebear
    Clarebear
    ✭✭
    dk pyromancer is actually very viable. especially if you combine it with magesguild and destrustaf skills.

That's what I was hoping to hear... =) I have to ask now what would some of the basic skills that most people would want to have be on their hotbar? For use with Fire Destruction staff...

Options
  • mbrubaker
    mbrubaker
    Not sure about ranged DK pyromancer, but I currently play a melee one with a destruction staff and heavy armor. all our ardent flame moves are more of short to mid range moves, and searing strike with unstable flames melts stuff.
    Options
  • Tuinslang
    Tuinslang
    I never thought of it, using a DK as a ranged fire, though the offensive fire path seems very cool. I would consider a Dark Elf Dragonknight, because it buffs your magicka a lot, in combination with Light armor.
    Edited by Tuinslang on April 7, 2014 3:05PM
    Currently playing Redguard Dragonknight | Skill line: Dragonic Power | Crafting skill: Blacksmithing
    Options
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    DK with the AF / Destro Staff combination.

DK with DP skill? Would be fun, I guess, locking folks down with talons and essentially 'forcing' them to stand in the nice big red circles.
    Options
  • Clarebear
    Clarebear
    ✭✭
    So I can be mage like then from what I am hearing without the need to be a sorcerer.
    Options
  • Teloran
    Teloran
    ✭✭✭
    A DK pyromancer should be very strong, but I'm afraid you won't be that effective at range. None of your skill lines, even the destruction staff, have a decent ranged nuke that is comparable to what other classes have access to.

So in short, a pyromancer DK will work but don't expect it to play like a regular caster.
    Options
  • Hewwy
    Hewwy
    I am currently playing Altmer (for fire dmg increase, magicka stuffs and destro staff xp) DK (AF tree) with fire destro staff and i am loving it. Its a pure fire mage build centered on dealing tonnes of aoe dmg.

Currently using:
    Unstable Wall of fire (wall of elements)
    Engulfing Flames (flame breath)
    Fire Clench (destrucive touch)
    Fire Ring (impulse)
    Inner Light (magelight)
    Standard of Might (dragonknight ardent flame ulti)

Got all the passives that buff the dmg type i use (fiery aoe) and its freaking rocking imo. The aoe is so powerful you can use it for single target and so far havnt seen a class combo do better aoe dps. Will try swapping out the ulti for meteor when i get that. Might be able to squeeze out a bit more dmg but i will see come 50.

Definitely viable, and if your into fire mages it's most certainly enjoyable setting the world on fire.

The best thing for me is the synergy for the fire abilities, passives in ardent flame increase both burning effects and aoe fire dmg by a significant amount and the flame breath ability also increases dmg dealt by fire.

I should add that im using light armor for mana regen and spell damage.
    Edited by Hewwy on April 8, 2014 8:02AM
    Options
  • alreadybaked
    alreadybaked
    ✭✭
    Pyro dk mage is VERY viable, easily the top dps aoe wise. Single target still pretty good
    Options