Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Launcher is not updating the client

Volla
Volla
✭✭✭
what to do ?
can update the game apparently. its says 100% finished but when i logg in i got the wrong version. is there anywhere i can download the patch manually ?
  • ZOS_AmeliaR
    ZOS_AmeliaR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the launcher isn't automatically updating your ESO client, try clicking the Game Options drop-down menu in the center of the launcher and selecting the Check for Updates option.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • beng
    beng
    ✭✭
    I had the same issue. Looking for updates manually did not work, then, finally after 10 minutes the updater started
    Edited by beng on July 1, 2014 5:18PM
    iMac mid 2011 - 2,5 Ghz Intel Core i5 - RAM 12Go - AMD Radeon HD6750M 512Mo - OS X 10.10.2
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Usually it is that the server comes online before localised update cache is fully updated I think, so version is not the same. Once it is updated then it should work. Or some issue with checking version on data server.

Glad it's working now.
  • Volla
    Volla
    ✭✭✭
    it was fixed after made a repair. had to download additional 22gig data ... now it works :D
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Volla wrote: »
    it was fixed after made a repair. had to download additional 22gig data ... now it works :D
    Glad it worked for you. I suspect there was some issue with the 1.2.3 Update. from some other posts on crashes resolved with reinstalls. But whichever, it was probably just the data was not fully seeded correctly or some problem in the download.

I really hope they get on top of these ongoing update issues in Launcher. It is definitely better than it was initially but players should not be having to download large chunks of data which are probably not required but a consequence of some version checks etc.