The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nightblade upcoming changes and Haste

Creslian7
Creslian7
✭✭✭
With the upcoming changes to haste (and morphs), would it be possible for the Devs to look at this skill and make it become a toggle ability?
Edited by Creslian7 on June 20, 2014 3:29AM
  • Andy22
    Andy22
    ✭✭✭
    Plz no, rather add some interesting skill mechanic to it. Don't make haste as "exciting" as the magelight "passive".

We have only 5 slots skills can go into, do not let us waste a slot with a stupid "always on" toggle skill. We already have magelight as a crappy toggle skill, we have siphoning, which at least has some situational on/off mechanic.

So if it must be a toggle at least add some drawbacks, so u actually have some game mechanic associated with a "skill slot" rather than just slotting a "math % passive".

Edited by Andy22 on June 20, 2014 9:30AM
  • smercgames_ESO
    smercgames_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know how much damage the increased heavy attack portion of incapacitating strikes doing? Is it enough to actually make this skill useable cause if it's not large enough then this skill is still useless.
  • Creslian7
    Creslian7
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to guess that it is 11%, similar to Daedric Armor which is 11% fully leveled after the morph.

I don't see your argument against a toggle skill. Only having 5 slots is not an argument against it. If you are going to have it on the bar, whether it is a toggle or click able skill, is irrelevant, it will take up a slot regardless. The drawback would be the 10% magica cost while it is active. There is no more "skill" involved in clicking something ever 20 secs.
  • yelloweyedemon
    yelloweyedemon
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know how much damage the increased heavy attack portion of incapacitating strikes doing? Is it enough to actually make this skill useable cause if it's not large enough then this skill is still useless.
    Creslian7 wrote: »
    I'm going to guess that it is 11%, similar to Daedric Armor which is 11% fully leveled after the morph.

I don't see your argument against a toggle skill. Only having 5 slots is not an argument against it. If you are going to have it on the bar, whether it is a toggle or click able skill, is irrelevant, it will take up a slot regardless. The drawback would be the 10% magica cost while it is active. There is no more "skill" involved in clicking something ever 20 secs.

I thought I saw somewhere that the damage increase was 30% to heavy attacks.

Will post a link if I find one later
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭

I thought I saw somewhere that the damage increase was 30% to heavy attacks.

Will post a link if I find one later

Last time I was on the PTS the bonus was 15% to heavy attacks.

However, guys, I wouldn't get your hopes up about the changes to haste. With animation cancelling still ruling the game and how it acts oddly with attack speed increases (and heavy attacks for that matter) I don't foresee either morph of Haste being used seriously. At least as it stands now that's how I see it. Once I can actually use haste on my live character and do some actual testing I remain unconvinced.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    After the change (and the change that will supposedly make it apply properly to Bows) I plan to put Incapacitate on my PvP buff bar.

If this skill were made a toggle it would completely ruin that plan.

No thank you.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    After the change (and the change that will supposedly make it apply properly to Bows) I plan to put Incapacitate on my PvP buff bar.

No thank you.

Same, I don't like the way toggles drop on a weapon swap. Much prefer a long buff like haste, which I will also start using for my bow attacks with Siphoning Strikes.
  • Aoifesan
    Aoifesan
    ✭✭✭

Only if it's a toggle and you want it Always on, it takes up 2 slots, not one.

• Aoifesan
    Aoifesan
    ✭✭✭

No thank you.

You are better off with the stamina return instead. If your pvp experience is lasting to 10 light or Hvy attacks you are doing it wrong.
  • smercgames_ESO
    smercgames_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Aoifesan wrote: »

No thank you.

You are better off with the stamina return instead. If your pvp experience is lasting to 10 light or Hvy attacks you are doing it wrong.

Except a Heavy Attack from Stealth will hit for X% pre crit which may make your initial attack that much deadlier especially for bow users who can sit back and charge up heavy attacks all day in group fights and since they should charge up much faster if X amount is high enough it could make the skill extremely useful.

Also tell me I'm doing it wrong when I run into a DK who takes my initial burst and heals up with Dragon's Blood and laughs and now the fight goes for a while. It's not crazy to think 1v1s all last less than 10 seconds.

• Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aoifesan wrote: »

No thank you.

Except a Heavy Attack from Stealth will hit for X% pre crit which may make your initial attack that much deadlier...

Basically this. I'm only taking Incapacitate for the new Heavy Attack increase feature. I don't care about the immobilize.

I'm Light Armour and Bow, because Staves don't give sneak attack bonus from stealth.

Also, as a Bosmer with the changes to Refreshing Shadows passive, I will have softcapped Stamina Regen 24/7 already -- would make even less sense to use the regen Haste morph when my skills are magicka based.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.