The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vet dungeon rant

j_labbeb16_ESO
j_labbeb16_ESO
✭✭✭
I'm now v8

I've done BC and FG with no issues but when ever I attempt Spindle I always end up in groups that has low dps and can not handle the 3rd boss, or the 4th boss (guy that has 4 waves of adds).

Never the healer or the tanks fault, mainly the dps running around like headless chickens, so much food/drinks/pots/repair bills were wasted in spindle. Not to add it takes a very long time to form a group, and group finder is pure garbage.
  • serenity_painted
    serenity_painted
    ✭✭✭
    I feel your pain, the DPS in this game have as much respoisibilty to the group as the tank and healer, if not more.
    A bad tank can be covered by a good healer and vice versa ,both a bad healer/tank combo might be covered if things die fast enough, but if they don't the boss enrages or you get overwhelmed you aren't going anywhere.

My advice to you is start doing the vr6+ dungeons, you get more experienced players that have learned how important AoE is,makes the experience far more plesant.
  • Rembrandt
    Rembrandt
    Soul Shriven
    Don't use the group finder and expand your friendslist instead. There is a reason you can be in 5 guilds at once in this game. Form handpicked groups with people you know. Get yourself a reputation and you will in turn be reinvited again

If DPS is an issue in your group then try to assist in any way possible (I am assuming you are healer or tank). Dragonknight tanks can do some decent dps without having to sacrifice much defense (Gargoyle boss in Spindle) and some extra tank dps can be the difference between a kill and wiping on the enrage timer.

You also got some great CC for the 4th boss. The add waves need to be handled properly. DPS is not that important, gaining control of the fight is. Again, Dragonknights are masterful CC artists.

If you are healer (templar) you can also assist your group alot by pushing their DPS / adding CC.

For the Gargoyle boss I suggest "Combat Prayer" from the resto staff and "Power of the Light" from the Dawns Wrath skill line. Those are the perfect skills at this boss and boost your group DPS by alot. You basically become a 3rd DD as a healer without having to sacrifice much healing output.

4th Boss with the addwaves can also be handled by tossing a few volcanic runes and the occasional nova ulti.

Don't make it too easy and always blame the other guys. I know it can be frustrating if group members aren't pulling their own weight, but sometimes you gotta pull the group through

• Kraven
    Kraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take control of the situation. If your dps is running around aimlessly focus them. Tell them AE Dps first waves when big spider is left have them each move to a location where the healers spawn then all they have to do is keep each healer interrupted while they AE the others. Third and forth waves are all about those two healers in each.

If your dps lacks direction don't be afraid to give them direction. The gargoyle is the dps check so if you made it past it their damage is at least okay. Most dps just don't know, they level up mowing stuff down in the ae mage build and never actually learn how to pay attention.
    V14 - IMPERIAL NIGHTBLADE - DPS/TANK
    V13 - BRETON SORCERER - HEALS/DPS
    V2 - REDGUARD DRAGONKNIGHT - MELEE DPS
    V1 - BRETON TEMPLAR - TANK/DPS

to be continued... Nevermind, no longer "to be continued"
  • Anvos
    Anvos
    ✭✭✭
    I actually found Grotto worse to do with Pug, atleast with Spindle you get a clear indication of if your group can handle it or not.