Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't Take Screenshots

Epiphany
Epiphany
✭✭
Where should my screenshot folder be located and what should it be named? Currently, I am unable to take screenshots. I have a folder containing all my beta screenshots which I assume is in the wrong folder hierarchy as screenshots from the live build don't get stored there or anywhere else that I can find. Windows 7 OS.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When you hit print screen, what path does it say in the upper right that the screen cap was saved to?
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • ZOS_RobinsonE
    ZOS_RobinsonE
    ✭✭✭
    Hi there @Epiphany,

Usually when you press the screenshot button in-game there is a text appearing on the top-right screen part of the screen stating the destination folder.
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Epiphany
    Epiphany
    ✭✭
    Hi there @Epiphany,

Usually when you press the screenshot button in-game there is a text appearing on the top-right screen part of the screen stating the destination folder.

Right now, the way things are set up, no text appears when I hit the print screen button. My old beta screenshots are in My Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/Screenshots. The /live folder also contains /Addons, /Errors, /Logs, etc. IF I place a shortcut of the /live folder into C:Program Files (x86)/Zenimax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online/ then I can take screenshots of in-game play and the destination text appears as you described. But with this configuration I cannot take screenshots of the character log-in screen, which I thought I could do during betas?
    Edited by Epiphany on March 31, 2014 6:27PM
  • gstewart0413b14_ESO
    Epiphany wrote: »
    Hi there @Epiphany,

Right now, the way things are set up, no text appears when I hit the print screen button. My old beta screenshots are in My Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/Screenshots. The /live folder also contains /Addons, /Errors, /Logs, etc. IF I place a shortcut of the /live folder into C:Program Files (x86)/Zenimax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online/ then I can take screenshots of in-game play and the destination text appears as you described. But with this configuration I cannot take screenshots of the character log-in screen, which I thought I could do during betas?

During beta, I was using "Print Screen" then pasting the screenshot on the clipboard into a paint program. I think you are right that Print Screen in the character selection screen does not go to the screenshot folder.
  • Vivila
    Vivila
    ✭✭
    So does anyone know how to do a screenshot of the character selection screen?
  • Erris
    Erris
    ✭✭✭
    I use the free Gyazo for screenshots. Press . to freeze the screen, press the hotkey to start Gyazo, then select an area of the screen. It uploads automatically as a .jpg image and you can then save that where you like or just bookmark it for later. It will also do small animated gifs so you can take a little picture of your character doing something silly like dancing on a gravestone:
    c888757040d53a84b2fcea8be76bfc46.gif