The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Grouping Tools Broken?

StrangeBedford
StrangeBedford
Soul Shriven
I searched for a little bit on just what might be wrong with the grouping tools for doing 4 man dungeons. I could not find anything related to my concerns.

-Wait times seem to high no matter which role is chosen: dps/tank/heals. Just today I was in a group for VR dungeons with a healer and a tank. Just waiting on dps. 30 minutes later we both gave up and dropped. Waiting on 2 dps? Something smells funny (Is there a smaller pool that the tool uses than the whole megaserver?)

-Some groups double up on roles while leaving out others. (Again, today I had a group with 3 healers 1 dps and no tank (this cant be right))

Are other people running into similar problems? Has there been acknowledgement that the grouping tool is broken? I would guess a game this new would have a large number of people wanting to use the grouping tools. Also worried about incomplete roles not being filled. ie: no tank, no healer.
I have had similar experiences from normal Fungal Grotto to VR versions. Grouping tool seems to be a crap shoot. I do understand that I can always use chat to find groups (and this is how I get most done) I am just genuinely curious if Grouping Tool is broken for other people/ will it be fixed?
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not broken in the sense that it has any major bugs.

It is in the sense that its a pile of garbage.

No one uses it is the main reason you are waiting so long.

For good reason:
    - They HORRIBLY lock you to an EXTREMELY limited subset of content. The game currently has 15 regular dungeons and 6 VR dungeons. Any one player will only EVER be able to select 3, despite the fact every single one has rewards useful to chracters of ALL levels and ranks (skill points, achievements, etc).
    - - (ok they did fix the VR levels to let you select all 6 now, but it's still a dumb design to limit you at all)
    - You can't select who joins. You WILL get complete jerks that will at every turn do their best to screw you over, and you can do nothing about it, as there is zero oppertunity to send tells and talk to people to find out what they are like before hand.
    - You can't specificy ANYTHING. You want to run a dungeon slow and enjoy the story? Forget it. 99% of players will zerg thru and spam click thru dialog - which will break your experience. Nothing can be done about it in such a limited, random only system.
    - Your friends will never know your lfg. The fact the devs had friended each other is completely irrelevant to the group tool, it would of gotten whoever was available, regardless when they searched. And most likely, not players they knew.

I could go on with a million other reason, but yea the just of it is:
    Random only automatic only group tools are terrible.
    Look at this screenshot for an example of a very good grouping ui:
    http://i50.tinypic.com/nfmt90.jpg
    Make something like that has (DDO) and ESO would be 1000x better.
    Edited by Axer on June 9, 2014 10:11AM
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • ArchLegend
    Grouping tool is not good either for World map. The group tool divides maps into 4 areas that I say new players (noobs like me) has no idea what area is the name referring to. Instead of dividing into 4 areas please group them one for each map that will be much easier to get help.
  • ArchLegend
    I see eso grouping tool has a design flaw. Players cannot post or write anything what is the group for makes this difficult to find people having the same objective. It would be best to make it a board system worldwide that players can post the group purpose and can be seen in all areas.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Axer wrote: »
    It's not broken in the sense that it has any major bugs.

It is in the sense that its a pile of garbage.
    Could not have said it better. I find it to be the most annoying and underdeveloped/poorly conceptualized grouping tool I have seen.