Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Greater Storm Atronach or Charged Atronach?

Holycannoli
Holycannoli
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'm thinking Charged Atronach because an extra seven seconds doesn't seem like much, compared to 15 seconds of increased AOE damage. I haven't used either one though.

Is the Greater Storm Atronach larger than the others? The icon hints at it being larger but that could be nothing. There has to be a visual difference between the three atronach types though.
  • SirPuppingtonVonHat
    SirPuppingtonVonHat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go with Charged Atronach. It packs more punch and can punch everything in an area, so you'll do more damage in a shorter amount of time. There's a reason that my friends consider Sweetrolls (I named it, sue me) to be another member or the party.
    The Psijic Order
    Options
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    For solo play go with greater. It'll allow you to solo public bosses much more easily.
    Options
  • Jagath
    Jagath
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen the new patch now doesn't say anything about aoe damage. has an increase of 4% damage only for charged atronoch
    Edited by Jagath on June 16, 2014 3:37PM
    Options
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Greater Storm Atronach is the ultimate tank. It will aggro most bosses for 90% of the boss' attention for a solid 28 seconds. There is also only a select few world elites that can possibly DPS the Greater Atronach to death.(they cap at lvl 50 with 7,500ish health.) And yes, they are bigger.

I have yet to try the Charged Atro. I believe they cap at around 4,000ish health. I imagine the increased DPS would do wonders in VR. But I have no personal experience with them.
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
    Options
  • plaxy186
    plaxy186
    I say go with charged atronoch its Aoe attacks more than makes up for it standing there 10 more seconds. also when it dies you get back more mana, more mana sooner means more attacks or heals which means more Ultimate and bringing it out again.

The Greater is good for tanking bosses as a good rotation means you can keep bring it out by the time it expires but it can attack one creature at a time. the Charged one is great and will obliterate adds as they come in save it and drop on adds.
    Options