The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is PvP Really This Dead?

AryaWythers
AryaWythers
✭✭✭
Just wondering if they ruined the game to PvP'rs? Of course they wont allow any questions about PvP in Customer Support, which truly shows how they feel about us. I just got back yesterday and have only seen one faction with more than one bar on a Campaign. Looks like they finally ruined the game and made it a FOOLISH single player MMO. Can someone tell me if PvP ever picks up.
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sort your guild rosters by level and you'll probably get a good idea of what most people are focused on at the moment.
    Fedrals / EP / Dunmer Nightblade

• JosephChip
    JosephChip
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know about your campaign, but I have played a couple of hours today on AB EU and there was plenty of action. I have been in more than one 60+ vs 60+.
    Edited by JosephChip on May 30, 2014 4:14PM
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well considering 95% (likely more) of the game is set for pve Id say its not an issue.
  • a_thielen_ESO
    Off peak hours I can't find any battles at all.
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wabbajack always has good play, always something going on with real good fights. When you get new PvE content you will always see a drop in PVP cause everyone who was bored waiting for new PvE content was pvping.

everyone just come to wabbajack and you will have pvp.
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no, pvp died a little when zos ignored the players 87% vote against ae caps.

then it died a little more when they nerfed aes and increased guard spawns to stop small groups from being effective.

then it died even more when they knew about the caltrops exploit and refused to remove it and have given no definite date for a fix.

then it died completely when merc guard spam became common, and they refuse to comment on it.

not to mention the lag.

pvp is dead in eso, and by the next sub cycle it will be all low pops with nothing even at primetime, after only 2 months, all because they didnt give a *** about what the players wanted.

how sad.

protip, the next time your players have a landslide vote with about 4000 votes, you dont ignore them and just hope that they will stick around anyway. by the way, fyi, we also had another vote about whether the ae cap would affect peoples willingness to sub. the answer was "yes".

Edited by Lowbei on May 30, 2014 11:12PM
  • rvnson
    rvnson
    Soul Shriven
    Too dumbed down combat system.
    Nerfing AoE was the last straw, combined with boosting zerg's power even further.
    Forcing people to grind PvE (booring quest line) to be competative.
    Major imbalances with abilities (probably not tested propperly, or ignored the feedback from anyone with any experience).

I had surprisngly fun playing it tho for the short amount i did. But nothing that would hold interrest in the longterm.

Shame with the game, the zone design was nice and the reward system was fine.
  • AryaWythers
    AryaWythers
    ✭✭✭
    It's really sad when a game has more PvP'rs in pre-launch than two months into the game!
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sort your guild rosters by level and you'll probably get a good idea of what most people are focused on at the moment.
    It's not just leveling, a lot of ppl have simply quit. Out of my 3 trading guilds they all have about 25% of ppl who haven't logged in in over 2 weeks. And my 100 some member PvP guild is even worse, just over a third of them haven't logged in 2 weeks. We have a lot of ppl in our main pvp group that already reached V12, but none of them will go back to Cyrodiil because of caltrops + lag. They haven't even gone in since Craglorn and seen the merc spamming/bugging or the increased server lag and nightly rollbacks.

Go figure.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I quit cause I got tired of being 3 shoted by max rank vets:/. plus all the bugs and exploits. the PvP was better the first 2 weeks, but with all the people that power leveled to max vet rank, all these bugs, exploits, and the lag, it really makes it hard to have fun in PvP
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP is dead to me. on my home campaign, chrysamere NA, I cant even get a group to take a keep from 20 AD who own the whole map. you heard me. 20 AD own whole map. lol. most days i can probably get 6-10.
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wabbajack is still jumping. everyone just come to Wabbajack.
  • bitaken
    bitaken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wabbajack is still jumping. everyone just come to Wabbajack.

Not sure if serious. The only thing Wabba is doing - is jumping out the window.

The campaign is relatively balanced with real PvP to be had - but the lag has been ferocious. We will see what little effect todays patch had.
    PvP Lead Officer for Einherjar

Member of Einherjar and associated guilds since 2001

A multi Gaming community of players.
  • Wolfahm
    Wolfahm
    ✭✭✭
    The people crying about AOE cap need to know that every skill HAD or was MEANT to have a cap from day1. Get the *** over it and stfu.
    MAKE KHAJIITS CRIT AGAIN!!!

|Wolf Ahm the Unchained|
    - 4 Nightblades | 3 Stam/1 Mag -
    - 2 Templars | Stam/Healer -
    - 2 Sorc | Stam/Mag -
    - 2 Wardens | Stam/Mag -
    - 1 DK | Tank/Stam -
    || Aldmeri Dominion ||

• belugian
    belugian
    well i am pretty happy with the balance fixing so far and i always have good fights on auriel or bloodthorn.
    Stradius (AD)
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had a single player sand-park and turned it into a single player themepark with PvP endgame. I'm not entirely sure if it ever gave birth to anything breathing nor if life was possible at all in the first place. It's been a strange combo to start with.

They probably can just add arenas and rework Cyrodiil into a PvE large group zone, as quite frankly, the demand for a RvR mechanics in TES wasn't all that great anyways. Just going by campaign pops, even when they were full in the beginning, it was just a tiny fraction of the player base. Sad, but not surprising.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • NekOnOkO
    NekOnOkO
    ✭✭✭
    AvA is alive and rocking, at EU in prime-time at least. The real problem is that almost all decent RvR focused guilds have already quit (btw i wonder where, since Wildstar is an abomination PvP-wise) and it's really hard to find worthy opponents, but when you do - it's really fun.
    Edited by NekOnOkO on June 19, 2014 4:09AM
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really sad when a game has more PvP'rs in pre-launch than two months into the game!

Some things that aren't fun about AvA:

Ride your horse 10 minutes across the map to get ganked by 6 v12's when you are solo.

Watch your alliance members use stupid tactics and die horribly leaving you to get ganked.

Watch the people who exploited to V12 abuse the AP they farmed when their alliance dominated a map for the last month by stacking 20 mercs non-stop.

Watch skill and tactics instantly become irrelevant as everything falls to the massive zerg.

Watch DK emperors take on 10+ vets and lol at them because the class is so horribly imbalanced.

Watch oil spam inside a building kill 10 people you just told don't go in there, while the person dumping the oil is unaffected.

Any fight/PvP/AvA where you get 0 commands off either due to lag/cc spam/etc.

Block spam negating attacks the blocker cannot see, that came from behind them.

I get the sense that @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌ needs more feedback from us re: what is working and what is not working, and I must say AvA has somehow gotten worse since the PTS.

Right now half of the data ZoS has is due to exploits/horrible class imbalance/horrible alliance balance per server. You get a server full of AD/DC who have been on top since the game began and they have so much AP that most people can never catch up. The first way to fix this is to stop allowing people to change servers so frequently. 72 hours is not nearly enough. It should be a week.

The server to server guild movement is ridiculous right now and is contributing to horrible balance swings (Though I admit in some cases it is HELPED by those guilds moving server to server).

• Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PvP in this game was better during the beta weekends.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • Molisin01
    Molisin01
    ✭✭
    Lowbei wrote: »
    because they didnt give a *** about what the players wanted.

I think that about sums it up for both PVP and PVE (Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood)

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Constant action on Bloodthorn EU.
  • belugian
    belugian
    the more they fix it the more tactics are getting back in the game. they re doing it the right way in my opinion.
    Stradius (AD)
  • davidetombab16_ESO
    davidetombab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Lowbei wrote: »
    no, pvp died a little when zos ignored the players 87% vote against ae caps.

then it died a little more when they nerfed aes and increased guard spawns to stop small groups from being effective.

then it died even more when they knew about the caltrops exploit and refused to remove it and have given no definite date for a fix.

then it died completely when merc guard spam became common, and they refuse to comment on it.

not to mention the lag.

pvp is dead in eso, and by the next sub cycle it will be all low pops with nothing even at primetime, after only 2 months, all because they didnt give a *** about what the players wanted.

how sad.

protip, the next time your players have a landslide vote with about 4000 votes, you dont ignore them and just hope that they will stick around anyway. by the way, fyi, we also had another vote about whether the ae cap would affect peoples willingness to sub. the answer was "yes".
    no pvp is died bacause eso is a bad game , that s all.
  • galiumb16_ESO
    galiumb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    no pvp is died bacause eso is a bad game , that s all.

I do not think it is a bad game at its core. I think it is just another MMO in the long line that came to the conclusion that catering to dumb and lazy people makes the most business sense. Maybe it does, but for me it just puts the game in decline patch after patch as they listen to the endless drivel from the dumb and lazy.

Edited by galiumb16_ESO on June 19, 2014 1:01PM
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leaving aside the issue of bugs and lag and disconnects when in groups (which have been with us since launch), the pvp felt more fun during beta and early on because most people were lowish levels and the cheese tactics/builds hadn't been widely discovered.

I am really hoping that the new non-vet campaigns come out really soon, because I think it will bring back a lot of the magic that was felt initially -especially if the lag/bugs are also progressively ironed out.

If they introduce an easy to join arena that is bracketed by level or normalized in some way it would also reinject a bit of life into the pvp side of the game, but that is probably not going to happen before my sub runs out.
  • Nivzruo_ESO
    Nivzruo_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait, did they expect people to like AvA? 100v100 aoe spam isn't my idea of fun. Honestly I was expecting this to be small scale only pvp, in oblivion & skyrim you never had more then 6 or 7 AI in a battle(unless you used mods), at the most in skyrim it would be you and a few stormcloaks versus 5 or so imperials. Soo based on the previous games I expected an almost arena only game, I had no idea that the dev team was a buncha zerg spam groupies.
    Nelgyntc- V14 NB