Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Exploitation passive needs to be reworked

Polaritie
Polaritie
As is, the only sustained effects in dark magic are control effects. With how freely CC immunity is tossed around, this means that basically anything not trash can't really have the passive applied against it at all, which overlaps heavily with "things I actually care about crits on".

Some form of debuff or DoT would go a long way here, or changing the passive to "things you've hit with dark magic in the last X seconds", which would allow Crystal Shard and Daedric Mines to apply it (even when the enemy is immune to their associated control effects)
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    been playing with this and have to agree, theres just not enough to actually trigger the crit bonus for a decent duration vs players.
    easy work around would be to have any dark magic spell (excluding dark conversion+morphs) to give a 5-8 second Exploitation crit buff, that way allowing them to actually benifit from the passive, especially builds like DW or 2hander
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

Options
  • Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    been playing with this and have to agree, theres just not enough to actually trigger the crit bonus for a decent duration vs players.
    easy work around would be to have any dark magic spell (excluding dark conversion+morphs) to give a 5-8 second Exploitation crit buff, that way allowing them to actually benifit from the passive, especially builds like DW or 2hander

actualy against player is the only place where you can make full use of this passive... especialy tx to ensnaring prison... 4,5 second root followed by 4,5 second snare... even if they break the root as soon as the get it (it still will eat away at least one second) they still got the 4,5 second snare... plenty of time to get use out of the increased crit... and also AoE ^^'

In pve instead the passive is only good for questing when you get to kill some high health target vulnerable to CC... but since it is already vulnerable to CC it just means that you can kill it a little faster since it would not pose a problem even if you didn't get the crit bonus ^^' in dungeons and trial it become totally useless...
    Options