The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

PVP Alliance Scoring

Transorb
Transorb
✭✭
I have been poking around to try to learn more about how the scoring system works for the Alliance War. All that I've learned so far has been from word of mouth or by deducing logically. There are still a number of questions I have regarding how the point system works for Alliance War scoring. For example:

Keep point values
Output point values
Scroll point (or multiplier?) values
Defense ticks and how AP gained is determined (based off of damage done? AP gained during a keep defense? Etc.

So it seems after attempting to research this, that there is no solid resource that lays out how the scoring system truly works.

Obviously it works on the 1 hour tick system, where points are gained for each alliance based off what keeps, resources, outposts, and scrolls are owned. So how do all these variables factor into the big equation resulting in the final score?

Is there any resource or reference website that explains how this scoring math works? Can an official ZOS representative give us a thorough breakdown of how Alliance Scores are calculated? Or can somebody provide a link to a website that does?

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks.
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    calculate hours left in campaign x point value of a faction.
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
    Options
  • Transorb
    Transorb
    ✭✭
    Bump?

(@SwampRaider) - That was a joke, correct?
    Options
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elder Scrolls: 25 Points
    Keeps: 10 Points
    Outpost: 5 Points
    Resources: 1 Point

...for a max total of 399 points/hour possible. WIth 1.1.2 they did make it so undermanned factions get a multiplier that can give more then 399 points however this is the default range.
    Edited by TheGrandAlliance on June 17, 2014 3:02AM
    Indeed it is so...
    Options
  • Transorb
    Transorb
    ✭✭
    Thank you much, GrandAlliance - any specific info on the multiplier amount and minimum faction population that merits a multiplier?

There are also defense ticks - that appear to be on a separate counter than the hourly ticks. When defending a keep, if successful - after the keep becomes unflagged a defense tick is initiated and gives you a specific amount of AP and VP based on (I am presuming) either damage dealt, damage sustained, or AP/VP earned during the defense. I am not sure if it is based on party stats or solo stats that this defense reward is earned. Any information regarding this? (this is separate and does not count toward the pacts' overall scores)

I wish for an official Zenimax Representative to explain the scoring system in depth.
    Edited by Transorb on June 17, 2014 9:55PM
    Options
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    The points you get from engaging in battles DO NOT CONTRIBUTE to the faction's score. ONly used for player's AP calcuations that are based upon a bunch of magical things.

The Multipler is kind of magical... however in general if a server doesn't go above 2 bars of population whereas other faction(s) are locked they will get mulitplier.
    Indeed it is so...
    Options
  • jeffreyb14_ESO3
    jeffreyb14_ESO3
    Soul Shriven
    I second the thank you for GrandAlliance, I appreciate the insight
    Options
  • murmur
    murmur
    ✭✭✭
    Transorb wrote: »
    There are also defense ticks - that appear to be on a separate counter than the hourly ticks. When defending a keep, if successful - after the keep becomes unflagged a defense tick is initiated and gives you a specific amount of AP and VP based on (I am presuming) either damage dealt, damage sustained, or AP/VP earned during the defense. I am not sure if it is based on party stats or solo stats that this defense reward is earned. Any information regarding this? (this is separate and does not count toward the pacts' overall scores)

I think that bonus AP that you get from defending comes from amount of enemies defended against and time that it took to defend the keep. I've got around 3500 AP from defending outpost for 5 mins, that was mainly a really big enemy zerg passing by. On another case I got over 12k AP from defending a keep for 15 mins, but that keep had been under siege for two hours (it was under siege when I logged in and shortly after I got there siege was ended)

Also I have noticed that because you get defense bonus AP regardless did you contribute or not on actual defense, you can just port to a keep that was a second ago under siege and collect the bonus AP. This is because it won't be awarded right on the moment that siege ends. Also because of this, if you chase the enemy after successful defense and get too far from the keep, you won't get bonus AP because you're not around the keep when it's handed over to defenders.
    Options
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    murmur wrote: »
    Also I have noticed that because you get defense bonus AP regardless did you contribute or not on actual defense, you can just port to a keep that was a second ago under siege and collect the bonus AP. This is because it won't be awarded right on the moment that siege ends. Also because of this, if you chase the enemy after successful defense and get too far from the keep, you won't get bonus AP because you're not around the keep when it's handed over to defenders.

Not true. I have been in Riften and gotten AP bonuses. As long as you show up you get the AP you don't have to wait around.
    Indeed it is so...
    Options