The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

WTB "Deconstruct from bank" toggle.

Sakiri
Sakiri
✭✭✭✭✭
Ever accidentally decon something in your bank?

I have.

I stick things in my bank that have traits my main may or may not still need. These items also come up in the deconstruct list.

I want a checkbox that says "no deconstructing from bank."

It's nice and handy for crafting materials, but deconstruction? No thanks.

/rant
  • UPrime
    UPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are addons that kind of do that. There's one that will allow you to "mark" an item (and I believe hide it from certain screens) and research addon that will mark items that have traits that your crafter hasn't learned. Don't recall the names atm though.
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep a list of traits I need.

Problem is, I stick them in the bank, but don't hop over IMMEDIATELY to pull them out, as the character that's gathering the things is the one to deconstruct them.

And I don't sit there and stare at what's getting deconned when I have a 100 space inventory full of crap that's getting crushed.

ESPECIALLY when I'm down to one or two traits needed on like four things across all professions. It's some of those pesky ones like Divines that I'm missing on slots. I'm done with woodworking entirely, and most of the cloth, but still working on leather and blacksmithing.

Getting a rare trait and then crushing it from my bank is the single most annoying thing for me, even surpassing the provisioning bank space issue.

Other games let you mark things as not to be sold and such. This one? Not so much. I can't even organize my inventory like other games. I have entire bags in EQ2 marked "not for sale" and keep important stuff there, and I organize quest items, crafting materials, consumables, things I'm selling, things I'm not....

Of course we have tabs that kind of half arsed do it for you, but there's still no way of putting things somewhere you will keep from selling them.

Bleh.

And armor/weapons in the bank shouldn't be able to be touched by crafting. Want to upgrade it or crush it? Put it in your inventory. Or at least give me the option to exclude it. Sheesh.
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See, I keep all of my "waiting to research trait" items on one of my alts. I only keep items in the bank if I'm intending to deconstruct them.

Of course, you can always keep a close eye on whether the bag or bank icon shows up in the corner when you have the item highlighted, and deconstruct or not accordingly. Not ideal, perhaps, but it's something.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)